Subject: bug#25852: Users not updating their installations of Guix

From: Efraim Flashner <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 9 Mar 2017 09:38:53 +0200

On Wed, Mar 08, 2017 at 01:15:37PM -0500, Leo Famulari wrote:
> On Wed, Mar 08, 2017 at 10:24:19AM +0100, Tomáš Čech wrote:
> > Thank you for your explanation and your patience. I finally understand
> > now what you mean with binary installation and understand how it
> > doesn't break it.
> 
> Thank you for continuing to ask for clarification. It's important that
> we review each others' work :)
> 
> > I'll try to fix source installation somehow.
> 
> Please let me know if I can help test it.

The recommendation I got for aarch64 was to run 'sudo ./pre-inst-env
guix-daemon ...' I think if we do have people starting from the source
and installing that way then 'sudo ./pre-inst-env guix-daemon...'
followed by 'sudo ./pre-inst-env guix package -i guix' would have them
in the same spot with guix-daemon being in /var/guix/..., allowing them
to stop the pre-inst-env daemon and starting it with the systemd/upstart
service.

-- 
Efraim Flashner   <[email-masked]>   אפרים פלשנר
GPG key = A28B F40C 3E55 1372 662D  14F7 41AA E7DC CA3D 8351
Confidentiality cannot be guaranteed on emails sent or received unencrypted