Subject: Re: bug#25851: 25.2; GTK warning when starting Emacs when desktop file has more than one frame

From: [email-masked] (N. Jackson)
Date: Sun, 26 Feb 2017 21:22:25 -0500

At 17:47 -0500 on Sunday 2017-02-26, N. Jackson wrote:

> At 09:21 +0100 on Saturday 2017-02-25, Martin Rudalics wrote:
>>
>> The only way to investigate this is by examining the parameters
>> passed by ‘frameset--restore-frame’ to ‘make-frame-on-display’.
>> One of these parameters causes the problem at hand.
>
> Hi Martin,
>
> Is there anything in particular you'd like me to report, or do
> you want to see everything passed to `make-frame-on-display' by
> `frameset--restore-frame'?

Hi Martin,

I might have the information you were asking for. (Please let me
know if this is not the necessary information, or if you need more
details.)

With a desktop file specifying three frames, there seem to be two
calls to `make-frame-on-display' (when the second and third frames
are created). Each call ultimately results in one of the reported
GTK warning messages.

Detailed backtraces at these two calls to `make-frame-on-display'
are attached.

N.