Subject: Re: bug#25851: 25.2; GTK warning when starting Emacs when desktop file has more than one frame

From: [email-masked] (N. Jackson)
Date: Sat, 29 Apr 2017 15:32:54 -0400

Hi Martin,

At 12:30 +0200 on Saturday 2017-04-29, martin rudalics wrote:

> But doesn't your Emacs 25 already contain the patch?

No. Not if I understand correctly.

_My_ Emacs 25.2.rc2 is modified so that the entire body of
xg_set_geometry() is deleted and replaced by a call to
gtk_window_move(). This fixes the bug and did not produce any
adverse effects in six weeks of use (on my system at least).

My Emacs 25.2 is the stock release from the tarball. I don't know
if it contains any patch for this bug, but if it does that patch
does not appear to work.

> The only difference I made lately was to set the default value
> of ‘x-gtk-use-window-move’ so all you have to do is to make the
> last line of your xterm.c read
>
> x_gtk_use_window_move = true;

The symbol `x_gtk_use_window_move' is not defined in the emacs-25
branch, only in master.

Thanks.

N.