Subject: bug#25851: 25.2; GTK warning when starting Emacs when desktop file has more than one frame

From: [email-masked] (N. Jackson)
Date: Thu, 27 Apr 2017 15:55:17 -0400

At 08:49 +0200 on Tuesday 2017-04-11, martin rudalics wrote:

>> Meanwhile please try my patch. If after a week or so you don't
>> see any troubles I intend to make it the default.
>
> It's now the default.
>
> martin

Sorry, Martin, I got sidetracked.

If your patch is in master but not the emacs-25 branch, then it
seems to work -- see my previous message to this bug thread.

Also I had no problems, over the past month or two, using your fix
to the definition of `xg_set_geometry' from Message #122
(https://debbugs.gnu.org/cgi/bugreport.cgi?bug=25851#122) which
also fixed the bug successfully in Emacs 25.2rc2.

Is there any possibility of your patch being cherry-picked to
emacs-25? Or is the plan to go to Emacs 26 next, rather Emacs
25.3?

Thanks.

N.