Subject: bug#25851: 25.2; GTK warning when starting Emacs when desktop file has more than one frame

From: martin rudalics <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 29 Mar 2017 09:36:20 +0200

> But no it is not obviously the double-buffering IIUC. I evaluated:
 >
 >    (modify-frame-parameters nil '((inhibit-double-buffering . t)))
 >
 > in each of the frames, but the flashing when switching between
 > them was not effected.

Earlier you said that:

   [This was after I'd maximized the three frames so that I could use
   them, rather than when they were the smaller size at which they
   were specified in the desktop file I tested with. I tried
   restoring them down to their previous size and didn't see the
   flash, then maximised them again and the flashing was back. I
   suppose that the flashing might also be happening when they're
   small but that my eye isn't fast enough to detect it; not sure.]

Is the flashing reproducible with emacs -Q, two times C-x 5 2, <M-f10>
for each frame and then Alt-tabbing between the resulting frames?  Or do
you need additional customizations?

martin