Subject: bug#25851: 25.2; GTK warning when starting Emacs when desktop file has more than one frame

From: [email-masked] (N. Jackson)
Date: Fri, 03 Mar 2017 08:05:21 -0500

At 09:13 +0100 on Friday 2017-03-03, martin rudalics wrote:

> Try to use the following definition of xg_set_geometry:
>
> static void
> xg_set_geometry (struct frame *f)
> {
>   gtk_window_move (GTK_WINDOW (FRAME_GTK_OUTER_WIDGET (f)),
> 		   f->left_pos, f->top_pos);
> }

I have replaced the xg_set_geometry() in my Emacs with the one
above.

So far so good. (I haven't noticed any difference. (Aside from the
welcome elimination of the GTK warning message.)

> I suppose it might break things like starting with a specified
> geometry and a maximized frame and trying to demaximize the
> frame afterwards. It might as well work.

I've tried closing and restarting Emacs with various frame /
window configurations (including "full screen" frames with the
title bar hidden), and the desktops restore just fine [1]. And
restoring / maximizing frames using the window decorations works
fine too.

[1] As has been happening for a while, buffers seem to be assigned
randomly (it seems) to the windows restored from the desktop file;
I'm still convinced that in the past on starting Emacs the windows
restored from the desktop file used to come up with the same
buffer in them as they had when the desktop file was saved.

N.