Subject: bug#25834: closed (Re: bug#25834: [PATCH] Update scipy stack.)

From: [email-masked] (GNU bug Tracking System)
Date: Mon, 06 Mar 2017 22:54:02 +0000

Your bug report

#25834: Update scientific Python packages

which was filed against the guix-patches package, has been closed.

The explanation is attached below, along with your original report.
If you require more details, please reply to [email-masked].

-- 
25834: http://debbugs.gnu.org/cgi/bugreport.cgi?bug=25834
GNU Bug Tracking System
Contact [email-masked] with problems

Subject: Re: bug#25834: [PATCH] Update scipy stack.
From: Marius Bakke <[email-masked]>
To: Thomas Danckaert <[email-masked]>
Cc: [email-masked], [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 06 Mar 2017 23:53:42 +0100
List-Id: <debbugs-submit.debbugs.gnu.org>

Thomas Danckaert <[email-masked]> writes:

> From: Marius Bakke <[email-masked]>
> Subject: Re: bug#25834: [PATCH] Update scipy stack.
> Date: Mon, 06 Mar 2017 14:25:26 +0100
>
>> Please pay attention during the 'check' phase of Python packages -- 
>> both
>> colorspacious and the shutils backport prints 'Ran 0 tests in...'.
>> Usually this is a sign that they require some other command than 
>> 'python
>> setup.py test', which is the default of python-build-system.
>>
>> I pushed a fix for python2-backports-shutil-get-terminal-size that 
>> I had
>> in my queue, but it would be nice to enable tests on colorspacious 
>> as
>> well. Any takers? :)
>
> I've attached an attempt (now runs 34 tests).  Am I right that 
> running “nosetests colorspacious/*.py” is the only way to make it run 
> the tests in this case?

Thanks! By adding "--all-modules" to the "nosetests" invocation, it was
able to discover the tests without having to add them as arguments.

Pushed! Closing this bug now, wahoo!

Subject: Update scientific Python packages
From: Thomas Danckaert <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 22 Feb 2017 11:30:15 +0100 (CET)
List-Id: <debbugs-submit.debbugs.gnu.org>

Hi,

I'm submitting a patch series to update numpy, matplotlib, scipy and 
ipython.  I've split out the documentation for numpy and matplotlib 
into separate packages to avoid issues with the following cyclic 
dependencies:

  - numpy documentation depends on matplotlib, which depends on numpy.

  - documentation for the new version of matplotlib also depends on
    ipython, which depends on matplotlib and numpy.

If the preference is to work with multiple outputs instead, I can 
work out something with “bootstrap” packages and 
package-input-rewriting, but I like the simplicity of separate 
documentation packages (which also avoids repeatedly building the 
same package for bootstrapping purposes).

Thomas