Subject: Re: bug#25834: [PATCH 5/7] gnu: python-matplotlib: Update to 2.0.0.

From: Marius Bakke <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 06 Mar 2017 18:53:39 +0100

Thomas Danckaert <[email-masked]> writes:

> From: Thomas Danckaert <[email-masked]>
>
> * gnu/packages/python.scm (python-matplotlib): Update to 2.0.0.
> [source]: Remove Tk backend patch, use Github instead of Sourceforge.
> [outputs]: Remove "doc" output.
> [propagated-inputs]: Add python-cycler.
> [native-inputs]: Remove python-sphinx, python-numpydoc, texlive and texinfo.
> (python-matplotlib-documentation, python2-matplotlib-documentation): New
> variable.
> * gnu/packages/patches/matplotlib-setupext-tk.patch: Delete file.
> * gnu/local.mk (dist_patch_DATA): Remove patch.

Apparently the python2 variant of this package requires
"python2-subprocess32". Could you look into packaging it?

It also requires "python2-functools32", but this dependency is removed
again in the matplotlib master branch. I have this in my local branch.

I found these dependencies by building dependent packages. Too bad the
setup script only prints a warning if they are not found, instead of
failing.