Subject: Re: bug#25834: [PATCH] Update scipy stack.

From: Marius Bakke <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 06 Mar 2017 14:25:26 +0100

Danny Milosavljevic <[email-masked]> writes:

> Pushed python-scipy as 350932536a2e04bf4644cdad7ce2b91d8b12cd10 to master.
> Pushed python-testpath as b320f7bf06213087886d4f7fb12baccbc399f3e3 to master.
> Pushed python-colorspacious as 2aa6d3aeeb49f116aab2757b217cd25fab71d7d6 to master.
> Pushed python-ipython as 6d320eb0e320d6c9bcbca5fa9b5ffa7d1250bb8b to master.

Thanks for pushing these!

Please pay attention during the 'check' phase of Python packages -- both
colorspacious and the shutils backport prints 'Ran 0 tests in...'.
Usually this is a sign that they require some other command than 'python
setup.py test', which is the default of python-build-system.

I pushed a fix for python2-backports-shutil-get-terminal-size that I had
in my queue, but it would be nice to enable tests on colorspacious as
well. Any takers? :)

> I'm not sure about splitting the documentation into extra packages so
> I didn't push those. Was that already discussed?

This approach works around a bootstrapping issue, and also a circular
dependency in later versions. I'm currently building these and will push
them later today, unless there are problems (or someone beats me to it :))