Subject: bug#25830: 25.2; ispell doesn't parse hunspell dictionaries properly

From: Eli Zaretskii <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 21 Feb 2017 22:44:03 +0200

> Date: Tue, 21 Feb 2017 21:24:54 +0100
> From: Martin Kletzander <[email-masked]>
> Cc: [email-masked]
> 
> I have multiple dictionaries installed.  Hunspell finds all of them, but
> selects *two* of them.  According to the man page, that is done
> according to LC_ALL, LC_MESSAGES, and LANG environment variables.

What are the values of those environment variables?

> Becuase hunspell selects more of them (which is something I want it to
> do), it lists both of them as "LOADED DICTIONARY", ispell parses those
> (actually just lines ending with ".aff") and if it finds more than one,
> it errors out.

The way to run Hunspell with more than one dictionary is hinted upon
in the doc string of the command ispell-hunspell-add-multi-dic.  After
you invoke that command and specify the dictionaries you want to use
(e.g., in your case "en_GB,cs_CZ"), type this:

  M-x ispell-change-dictionary RET en_GB,cs_CZ RET

Then try spell-checking.  It should work with that arrangement.  It is
possible that you will first need to modify your environment variables
to prevent Hunspell from loading more than one dictionary by default.