Subject: bug#25820: 25.1; report-emacs-bug can't send mail due to missing 'w3'

From: Glenn Morris <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 20 Feb 2017 21:36:13 -0500

[email-masked] wrote:

> I tried to report a bug using "report-emacs-bug". Emacs asked for a
> method for delivering mail and I typed "mail" which it completed to
> "mail client".
[...]
> I have a working "mail" command which I had understood to be somewhat
> standard on Unix, so I had wanted to send the report via this method.

I can sort of perhaps see why you would choose "mail client" wanting to
get such a result, but you want "sendmail" instead.

> But when I tried to send the bug, it complained that "w3" was missing:
>
> browse-url-w3: Cannot open load file: No such file or directory, w3

The only way I can see that this can happen is if you have customized
browse-url-browser-function to browse-url-w3, and don't have the w3
library installed. So please tell us what 

C-h v browse-url-browser-function RET

says for you. If it does say browse-url-w3, then that's a bug in your
configuration.