Subject: 25.1; Added by Package.el. Added by Package.el. Added by Package.el. Added by Package.el.

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 20 Feb 2017 12:14:38 -0800

(I'm sending this via my MUA because 'M-x mail-send' didn't work)

In my ~/.emacs file, I get repeating lines like this:

;; Added by Package.el.  This must come before configurations of
;; installed packages.  Don't delete this line.  If you don't want it,
;; just comment it out by adding a semicolon to the start of the line.
;; You may delete these explanatory comments.

;; Added by Package.el.  This must come before configurations of
;; installed packages.  Don't delete this line.  If you don't want it,
;; just comment it out by adding a semicolon to the start of the line.
;; You may delete these explanatory comments.

;; Added by Package.el.  This must come before configurations of
;; installed packages.  Don't delete this line.  If you don't want it,
;; just comment it out by adding a semicolon to the start of the line.
;; You may delete these explanatory comments.

;; Added by Package.el.  This must come before configurations of
;; installed packages.  Don't delete this line.  If you don't want it,
;; just comment it out by adding a semicolon to the start of the line.
;; You may delete these explanatory comments.
(package-initialize)

(package-initialize)

(package-initialize)

(package-initialize)

I'm not sure when they appear but I upgraded recently and cleared them
out, and they keep appearing.

In GNU Emacs 25.1.1 (x86_64-unknown-linux-gnu, GTK+ Version 3.22.5)
 of 2016-12-23 built on juergen
Configured using:
 'configure --prefix=/usr --sysconfdir=/etc --libexecdir=/usr/lib
 --localstatedir=/var --with-x-toolkit=gtk3 --with-xft
 'CFLAGS=-march=x86-64 -mtune=generic -O2 -pipe
 -fstack-protector-strong' CPPFLAGS=-D_FORTIFY_SOURCE=2
 LDFLAGS=-Wl,-O1,--sort-common,--as-needed,-z,relro'

Configured features:
XPM JPEG TIFF GIF PNG RSVG IMAGEMAGICK SOUND GPM DBUS GCONF GSETTINGS
NOTIFY ACL GNUTLS LIBXML2 FREETYPE M17N_FLT LIBOTF XFT ZLIB
TOOLKIT_SCROLL_BARS GTK3 X11

Important settings:
  value of $LANG: 
  locale-coding-system: utf-8-unix

Major mode: Emacs-Lisp

Minor modes in effect:
  global-auto-revert-mode: t
  shell-dirtrack-mode: t
  savehist-mode: t
  override-global-mode: t
  tooltip-mode: t
  global-eldoc-mode: t
  electric-indent-mode: t
  mouse-wheel-mode: t
  file-name-shadow-mode: t
  global-font-lock-mode: t
  font-lock-mode: t
  blink-cursor-mode: on
  auto-composition-mode: t
  auto-encryption-mode: t
  auto-compression-mode: t
  buffer-read-only: t
  column-number-mode: t
  line-number-mode: t
  hs-minor-mode: t

Recent messages:
When done with a buffer, type C-x #
Unable to load color "brightblue"
Unable to load color "brightred"
scroll-up-command: End of buffer [9 times]
Mark set [2 times]
Making completion list... [2 times]
Quit
Making completion list...
Quit
Making completion list...

Load-path shadows:
None found.

Features:
(shadow sort mail-extr emacsbug message idna dired rfc822 mml mml-sec
epg mm-decode mm-bodies mm-encode mail-parse rfc2231 mailabbrev
gmm-utils mailheader sendmail rfc2047 rfc2045 ietf-drums mail-utils
ispell skeleton pulse misearch multi-isearch imenu conf-mode cus-edit
cus-start cus-load term/xterm xterm ggtags etags xref project ewoc
cc-mode derived cc-fonts cc-guess cc-menus cc-cmds cc-styles cc-align
cc-engine cc-langs cc-bytecomp jka-compr rx edmacro kmacro autorevert
filenotify ido ess-toolbar ess-mouse mouseme thingatpt+ thingatpt
browse-url ess-menu ess-swv ess-noweb ess-noweb-font-lock-mode
ess-bugs-l essd-els ess-sas-d ess-sas-l ess-sas-a ess-sta-d ess-sta-l
cc-vars cc-defs make-regexp ess-sp6-d ess-dde ess-sp3-d ess-julia
julia-mode ess-r-d ess-r-syntax ess-r-completion ess-roxy essddr
noutline outline hideshow ess-help ess-r-package ess-s-l ess ess-inf
ess-tracebug tramp tramp-compat auth-source cl-seq gnus-util mm-util
mail-prsvr password-cache tramp-loaddefs trampver ucs-normalize shell
pcomplete format-spec advice ess-mode ess-noweb-mode ess-utils time-date
ess-generics ess-custom executable ess-compat ess-site savehist iflipb
bind-key compile easy-mmode comint ansi-color ring cl help-fns+ wid-edit
help-fns server finder-inf eieio eieio-core cl-macs info package
epg-config seq byte-opt gv bytecomp byte-compile cl-extra help-mode
easymenu cconv cl-loaddefs pcase cl-lib mule-util tooltip eldoc electric
uniquify ediff-hook vc-hooks lisp-float-type mwheel x-win
term/common-win x-dnd tool-bar dnd fontset image regexp-opt fringe
tabulated-list newcomment elisp-mode lisp-mode prog-mode register page
menu-bar rfn-eshadow timer select scroll-bar mouse jit-lock font-lock
syntax facemenu font-core frame cl-generic cham georgian utf-8-lang
misc-lang vietnamese tibetan thai tai-viet lao korean japanese eucjp-ms
cp51932 hebrew greek romanian slovak czech european ethiopic indian
cyrillic chinese charscript case-table epa-hook jka-cmpr-hook help
simple abbrev minibuffer cl-preloaded nadvice loaddefs button faces
cus-face macroexp files text-properties overlay sha1 md5 base64 format
env code-pages mule custom widget hashtable-print-readable backquote
dbusbind inotify dynamic-setting system-font-setting font-render-setting
move-toolbar gtk x-toolkit x multi-tty make-network-process emacs)

Memory information:
((conses 16 367952 28799)
 (symbols 48 33895 2)
 (miscs 40 300 1363)
 (strings 32 61653 13739)
 (string-bytes 1 1782835)
 (vectors 16 53797)
 (vector-slots 8 1576608 178209)
 (floats 8 373 636)
 (intervals 56 6020 793)
 (buffers 976 46))