Subject: bug#25818: 25.2; frame moved off display does not return (OS X)

From: Alan Third <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 27 Apr 2017 21:05:23 +0100

On Thu, Apr 27, 2017 at 09:14:05PM +0200, Charles A. Roelli wrote:
> I fixed the patch so that child frames are never constrained (after some
> testing, it seems that a child frame cannot get stuck off screen as long as
> its parent is still visible).

Looks good to me. It doesn’t actually apply here, so I did it
manually. I suspect it just needs rebased onto a more recent commit or
something.

> and drag the parent frame down until its child is off screen. When the
> parent is moved back up, the child should reappear with it.

If you put the top of the child frame off the top of the screen, then
click on it, it jumps back down so the titlebar is visible again. Is
this intentional?

> * src/nsterm.m (constrainFrameRect:toScreen:): Constrain non-child
> frames in OS X, if they would otherwise go offscreen.

I can’t find this in CONTRIBUTE, but you’re allowed to specify
#ifdef’d code with something like:

* src/nsterm.m (constrainFrameRect:toScreen:) [NS_IMPL_COCOA]:
Constrain non-child frames if they would otherwise go offscreen.

Thanks for working on this. :)
-- 
Alan Third