Subject: bug#25800: 24.5; battery.el does not consider information directory /sys/class/power_supply/CMB0

From: soulawaker <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 20 Feb 2017 05:32:17 +0900

--------------------------
Hello, emacs maintainers.

My laptop battery informations was placed in 
/sys/class/power_supply/CMB0.
But battery.el try to find only /sys/class/power_supply/BAT% series.
So display-battery-mode does not show any battery informations.
Please consider existing different information directories.

Best Regards,

HyungSuk
--------------------------

In GNU Emacs 24.5.1 (x86_64-pc-linux-gnu, GTK+ Version 3.18.9)
 of 2016-04-18 on lgw01-04, modified by Debian
Windowing system distributor `The X.Org Foundation', version 
11.0.11804000
System Description:	elementary OS 0.4 Loki

Configured using:
 `configure --build x86_64-linux-gnu --prefix=/usr
 --sharedstatedir=/var/lib --libexecdir=/usr/lib
 --localstatedir=/var/lib --infodir=/usr/share/info
 --mandir=/usr/share/man --with-pop=yes
 
--enable-locallisppath=/etc/emacs24:/etc/emacs:/usr/local/share/emacs/24.5/site-lisp:/usr/local/share/emacs/site-lisp:/usr/share/emacs/24.5/site-lisp:/usr/share/emacs/site-lisp
 --build x86_64-linux-gnu --prefix=/usr --sharedstatedir=/var/lib
 --libexecdir=/usr/lib --localstatedir=/var/lib
 --infodir=/usr/share/info --mandir=/usr/share/man --with-pop=yes
 
--enable-locallisppath=/etc/emacs24:/etc/emacs:/usr/local/share/emacs/24.5/site-lisp:/usr/local/share/emacs/site-lisp:/usr/share/emacs/24.5/site-lisp:/usr/share/emacs/site-lisp
 --with-x=yes --with-x-toolkit=gtk3 --with-toolkit-scroll-bars
 'CFLAGS=-g -O2 -fstack-protector-strong -Wformat
 -Werror=format-security -Wall' 'CPPFLAGS=-Wdate-time
 -D_FORTIFY_SOURCE=2' 'LDFLAGS=-Wl,-Bsymbolic-functions -Wl,-z,relro''

Important settings:
  value of $LC_MONETARY: ko_KR.UTF-8
  value of $LC_NUMERIC: ko_KR.UTF-8
  value of $LC_TIME: ko_KR.UTF-8
  value of $LANG: ko_KR.UTF-8
  value of $XMODIFIERS:
  locale-coding-system: utf-8-unix

Major mode: Org

Minor modes in effect:
  org-indent-mode: t
  override-global-mode: t
  electric-indent-mode: t
  mouse-wheel-mode: t
  file-name-shadow-mode: t
  global-font-lock-mode: t
  font-lock-mode: t
  auto-composition-mode: t
  auto-encryption-mode: t
  auto-compression-mode: t
  column-number-mode: t
  line-number-mode: t
  global-visual-line-mode: t
  visual-line-mode: t
  transient-mark-mode: t

Recent messages:
ESC <mouse-1> is undefined
Entering debugger...
Making completion list... [8 times]
Type "q" in help window to restore its previous buffer.
Making completion list...

Making completion list... [3 times]

Making completion list... [3 times]
call-interactively: End of buffer [4 times]

Load-path shadows:
/usr/share/emacs/24.5/site-lisp/debian-startup hides 
/usr/share/emacs/site-lisp/debian-startup

Features:
(shadow sort mail-extr emacsbug message byte-opt rfc822 mml mml-sec
mm-decode mm-bodies mm-encode mail-parse rfc2231 mailabbrev gmm-utils
mailheader sendmail rfc2047 rfc2045 ietf-drums mm-util mail-prsvr
mail-utils org-element org-indent org-rmail org-mhe org-irc org-info
org-gnus gnus-util org-docview doc-view jka-compr image-mode dired
org-bibtex bibtex org-bbdb org-w3m help-fns help-mode debug battery
edmacro kmacro finder-inf atom-one-dark-theme org org-macro org-footnote
org-pcomplete pcomplete org-list org-faces org-entities noutline outline
org-version ob-emacs-lisp ob ob-tangle ob-ref ob-lob ob-table ob-exp
org-src ob-keys ob-comint comint ansi-color ring ob-core ob-eval
org-compat org-macs org-loaddefs format-spec find-func cal-menu easymenu
calendar cal-loaddefs use-package diminish bytecomp byte-compile
cl-extra cconv bind-key easy-mmode cl-loaddefs cl-lib package epg-config
time-date korea-util tooltip electric uniquify ediff-hook vc-hooks
lisp-float-type mwheel x-win x-dnd tool-bar dnd fontset image regexp-opt
fringe tabulated-list newcomment lisp-mode prog-mode register page
menu-bar rfn-eshadow timer select scroll-bar mouse jit-lock font-lock
syntax facemenu font-core frame cham georgian utf-8-lang misc-lang
vietnamese tibetan thai tai-viet lao korean japanese hebrew greek
romanian slovak czech european ethiopic indian cyrillic chinese
case-table epa-hook jka-cmpr-hook help simple abbrev minibuffer nadvice
loaddefs button faces cus-face macroexp files text-properties overlay
sha1 md5 base64 format env code-pages mule custom widget
hashtable-print-readable backquote make-network-process dbusbind
gfilenotify dynamic-setting system-font-setting font-render-setting
move-toolbar gtk x-toolkit x multi-tty emacs)

Memory information:
((conses 16 218897 16865)
 (symbols 48 30731 0)
 (miscs 40 153 198)
 (strings 32 56492 21566)
 (string-bytes 1 1572015)
 (vectors 16 23640)
 (vector-slots 8 633622 6735)
 (floats 8 138 33)
 (intervals 56 564 27)
 (buffers 960 18)
 (heap 1024 41346 1487))