Subject: bug#25787: [PATCH 6/6]

From: Thomas Danckaert <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 20 Feb 2017 15:22:44 +0100 (CET)

Hi,

thanks for the patch, I'd like to use clementine on Guix!

I managed to build and run the program, but experienced some 
stability issues.  Importing music into the library seemed to work 
fine, but I couldn't really play back files:

  - The first few times, the program segfaulted when I tried to play 
files (I tried mp3 and ogg).

  - Then I ran it in the debugger and it didn't segfault anymore.

  - Then I tried it again without the debugger, and it didn't 
segfault,
    but now my desktop (Gnome on GuixSD) froze (while the music kept
    playing). I had switch to a tty and restart xorg-server.

Are you not experiencing stability issues?

> gnu: Add qjson.
>
> * gnu/packages/qt.scm (qjson): New variable.
> [...]
> +      ;; The tests require a X server
> +      ;; #:configure-flags '("-DQJSON_BUILD_TESTS=ON")
> +      `(#:tests? #f))

Have you tried  (setenv "QT_QPA_PLATFORM" "offscreen") to try running 
the tests anyway?  Another approach that is sometimes used is 
starting an X server with

(system (format #f "~a/bin/Xvfb :1 &" xorg-server))
(setenv "DISPLAY" ":1")

The rest of the patches look good to me. Hopefully someone else can 
comment on the cryptopp issue (I don't necessarily see why it is 
necessary to exclude it).

cheers,

Thomas