Subject: Re: bug#25775: Can't install packages after guix pull

From: Ben Sturmfels <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 21 Feb 2017 13:20:44 +1100

On Tue, 21 Feb 2017 09:52:11 +1100
Ben Sturmfels <[email-masked]> wrote:

> > Could I trouble you to walk through the steps for manually
> > installing a different version of guix-daemon? I'm stuck in the
> > same situation where I can't `guix package --install`.  
> 
> (Also can't `guix pull` without an error)

I'm attempting to fix my GuixSD system by downloading Guix
0.12.0 Binary, extracting and running guix-daemon, then running `guix
pull` against that. The daemon runs ok, but `guix pull` is expecting
its dependencies to be at /gnu, when they're actually at
~/Downloads/gnu. Any suggestions?

$ sudo
Downloads/gnu/store/gj2i5xs7nm80mwrb139pa8iqfccw08zz-guix-0.12.0/bin/guix-daemon
--build-users-group guixbuild --substitute-urls
https://mirror.hydra.gnu.org

$
~/Downloads/gnu/store/gj2i5xs7nm80mwrb139pa8iqfccw08zz-guix-0.12.0/bin/guix
pull
--url=http://git.savannah.gnu.org/cgit/guix.git/snapshot/guix-0.12.0.tar.gz 
/home/ben/Downloads/gnu/store/gj2i5xs7nm80mwrb139pa8iqfccw08zz-guix-0.12.0/bin/guix:
line
4: /gnu/store/gj2i5xs7nm80mwrb139pa8iqfccw08zz-guix-0.12.0/bin/.guix-real:
No such file or directory