Subject: bug#25768: 25.1; wrong indent in shell-script-mode

From: Frank Breitling <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 17 Feb 2017 00:24:33 +0100

I get the following indentation for my bash script in shell-script mode:

for i in *; {
     echo $i
}
          echo done

The last indent is wrong and should be zero spaces.

I also discuss this problem at

https://emacs.stackexchange.com/questions/30745/wrong-indent-with-emacs-24-and-25-in-shell-script-mode

It also appears in emacs 24.

In GNU Emacs 25.1.1 (x86_64-pc-linux-gnu, GTK+ Version 3.22.5)
  of 2017-01-01, modified by Debian built on binet
System Description:     Debian GNU/Linux 9.0 (stretch)

Configured using:
  'configure --build x86_64-linux-gnu --prefix=/usr
  --sharedstatedir=/var/lib --libexecdir=/usr/lib
  --localstatedir=/var/lib --infodir=/usr/share/info
  --mandir=/usr/share/man --with-pop=yes
  --enable-locallisppath=/etc/emacs25:/etc/emacs:/usr/local/share/emacs/25.1/si\
te-lisp:/usr/local/share/emacs/site-lisp:/usr/share/emacs/25.1/site-lisp:/usr/\
share/emacs/site-lisp
  --with-sound=alsa --build x86_64-linux-gnu --prefix=/usr
  --sharedstatedir=/var/lib --libexecdir=/usr/lib
  --localstatedir=/var/lib --infodir=/usr/share/info
  --mandir=/usr/share/man --with-pop=yes
  --enable-locallisppath=/etc/emacs25:/etc/emacs:/usr/local/share/emacs/25.1/si\
te-lisp:/usr/local/share/emacs/site-lisp:/usr/share/emacs/25.1/site-lisp:/usr/\
share/emacs/site-lisp
  --with-sound=alsa --with-x=yes --with-x-toolkit=gtk3
  --with-toolkit-scroll-bars 'CFLAGS=-g -O2
  -fdebug-prefix-map=/build/emacs25-4Gc0bO/emacs25-25.1+1=.
  -fstack-protector-strong -Wformat -Werror=format-security -Wall'
  'CPPFLAGS=-Wdate-time -D_FORTIFY_SOURCE=2' LDFLAGS=-Wl,-z,relro'

Configured features:
XPM JPEG TIFF GIF PNG RSVG IMAGEMAGICK SOUND GPM DBUS GCONF GSETTINGS
NOTIFY ACL LIBSELINUX GNUTLS LIBXML2 FREETYPE M17N_FLT LIBOTF XFT ZLIB
TOOLKIT_SCROLL_BARS GTK3 X11

Important settings:
   value of $LC_NUMERIC: en_US.UTF-8
   value of $LANG: en_US.utf8
   locale-coding-system: utf-8-unix

Major mode: Lisp Interaction

Minor modes in effect:
   show-paren-mode: t
   delete-selection-mode: t
   cua-mode: t
   tooltip-mode: t
   global-eldoc-mode: t
   electric-indent-mode: t
   mouse-wheel-mode: t
   tool-bar-mode: t
   menu-bar-mode: t
   file-name-shadow-mode: t
   global-font-lock-mode: t
   font-lock-mode: t
   auto-composition-mode: t
   auto-encryption-mode: t
   auto-compression-mode: t
   column-number-mode: t
   line-number-mode: t
   transient-mark-mode: t