Subject: Re: bug#25766: aspell problem in LaTeX mode

From: Eli Zaretskii <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 17 Feb 2017 15:29:51 +0200

[Please keep the bug address, [email-masked], on the CC list.]

> From: Bob Alice <[email-masked]>
> Date: Fri, 17 Feb 2017 10:53:44 +0000
> 
> It doesn't work. I tried:
> while((1));do ps -Alf|grep aspell >>results; done
> 
> but the only thing I get is:
> 0 S meuser 4839 4828 0 80 0 - 8093 - 10:42 ? 00:00:00 /usr/bin/aspell -a -m -d en --encoding=utf-8

This is all we need to know, so this did work.

> It doesn't show me what's being passed to aspell even for text where it finds spelling errors.

It isn't supposed to.

Now invoke aspell from your shell prompt exactly as shown above, i.e.

  /usr/bin/aspell -a -m -d en --encoding=utf-8

Aspell will then wait for input from standard input.  Type the string
you see in the ispell.el's debug buffer.  E.g., with hunspell, when I
invoke the command ispell-buffer-with-debug on your LaTeX file, I see
this in the ispell debug buffer:

  ispell-region: string pos (29->53), eol: 53, [in-comment]: [nil], [add-comment]: [nil], [string]: [^\autoref{alice} envolope
]

which tells me that the string it will pass to the speller is
"^\autoref{alice} envolope" (without the quotes).  So type this string
and hit [Enter].  Then see what aspell outputs in return.

Once again, please CC the bug address so that this discussion gets
recorded there.

Thanks.