Subject: bug#25753: 25.2; Python mode shell interaction not working 100%

From: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 21 Feb 2017 08:35:52 -0500

Live System User <[email-masked]> writes:

> [email-masked] writes:
>
> [...]
>>
>> Can you try load the attached file in Emacs?  Does it show similar
>> output in the "*py native complete test*" buffer?
>>
>>     emacs -Q -l py-native-completion.el
>
>       Attached are my results.

Hmm, that looks like it should be working.  Wait, when you said

    I was already using that (wrapped in a "with-eval-after-load
    'python") from:

    https://github.com/jorgenschaefer/elpy/issues/887#issuecomment-275175119

    to no avail.

You meant the code from that exact comment?  That's a broken solution,
try this instead:

    (with-eval-after-load 'python
      (defun python-shell-completion-native-try ()
        "Return non-nil if can trigger native completion."
        (let ((python-shell-completion-native-enable t)
              (python-shell-completion-native-output-timeout
               python-shell-completion-native-try-output-timeout))
          (python-shell-completion-native-get-completions
           (get-buffer-process (current-buffer))
           nil "_"))))

If it's still not working, please post the contents of buffer " *Python
completions redirect*" (note the leading space).