Subject: Re: bug#25753: 25.2; Python mode shell interaction not working 100%

From: Noam Postavsky <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 19 Feb 2017 15:00:03 -0500

On Sun, Feb 19, 2017 at 2:39 PM, Live System User <[email-masked]> wrote:
>>
>> Do you see this with 25.2-rc1 on GNU/Linux though?
>
>   Fedora doesn't have that version available currently.

Can you try it after M-x load-library python RET and then evaluate
this new definition of python-shell-completion-native-try:

(defun python-shell-completion-native-try ()
  "Return non-nil if can trigger native completion."
  (let ((python-shell-completion-native-enable t)
        (python-shell-completion-native-output-timeout
         python-shell-completion-native-try-output-timeout))
    (python-shell-completion-native-get-completions
     (get-buffer-process (current-buffer))
     nil "_")))

>
>   I did, however, look into the Python modules having to do with
>   "readline"(completion).
>
>   I discovered that if I used the "readline" from "pyrepl.py"instead
>   of the standard default one, then even though that warning still
>   occured in a *Warning* buffer in Emacs, I never saw it -- I just
>   saw   the *Python* buffer and my source buffer, as expected.

I'm not sure what "pyrepl" is or to "use" it, but just looking at web
search results, it seems to be connected to pypy, which is in the list
of python-shell-completion-native-disabled-interpreters, could that be
related?