Subject: bug#26326: closed (Re: bug#25753: 29.1; Python mode shell interaction not working 100%)

From: [email-masked] (GNU bug Tracking System)
Date: Fri, 25 Aug 2023 06:32:02 +0000

Your bug report

#25753: 25.1; "import codecs, os;..." Weird output in python shell Mac OS X

which was filed against the emacs package, has been closed.

The explanation is attached below, along with your original report.
If you require more details, please reply to [email-masked].

-- 
25753: https://debbugs.gnu.org/cgi/bugreport.cgi?bug=25753
GNU Bug Tracking System
Contact [email-masked] with problems

Subject: Re: bug#25753: 29.1; Python mode shell interaction not working 100%
From: Eli Zaretskii <[email-masked]>
To: Peter Mao <[email-masked]>
Cc: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 25 Aug 2023 09:31:18 +0300
List-Id: <debbugs-submit.debbugs.gnu.org>

> From: Peter Mao <[email-masked]>
> Date: Thu, 24 Aug 2023 22:32:20 -0700
> 
> At least my version of the problem can be traced to a bug in Org's ob-python.el.  I bisected the
> commit history, found the offending commit and reported it to the org mailing list.

Thanks, I'm therefore closing this bug.  Feel free to reopen if
something needs to be done on the Emacs core side.

Subject: 25.1; "import codecs, os;..." Weird output in python shell Mac OS X
From: Monib Ahmed <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 31 Mar 2017 12:14:44 -0700
List-Id: <debbugs-submit.debbugs.gnu.org>

From: Monib Ahmed <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Subject: 25.1; "import codecs, os;..." Weird output in python shell Mac OS X
--text follows this line--

Hi, I wrote a simple "Hello World" python script, and the output is
weird:

>>> import codecs, os;__pyfile =
codecs.open('''/var/folders/f9/y1xt5ytn02v2n7p8pk3_h4xw0000gn/T/py1281TtN''',
encoding='''utf-8''');__code =
__pyfile.read().encode('''utf-8''');__pyfile.close();os.remove('''/var/folders/f9/y1xt5ytn02v2n7p8pk3_h4xw0000gn/T/py1281TtN''');exec(compile(__code,
'''/Users/monibahmed/Documents/Python/people_class/hello_world.py''',
'exec'));
Hi
Hello World!

Any recommendation on how to fix this?

Thanks,
Monib

In GNU Emacs 25.1.1 (x86_64-apple-darwin13.4.0, NS appkit-1265.21 Version
10.9.5 (Build 13F1911))
 of 2016-09-20 built on builder10-9.porkrind.org
Windowing system distributor 'Apple', version 10.3.1404
Configured using:
 'configure --with-ns '--enable-locallisppath=/Library/Application
 Support/Emacs/${version}/site-lisp:/Library/Application
 Support/Emacs/site-lisp' --with-modules'

Configured features:
NOTIFY ACL GNUTLS LIBXML2 ZLIB TOOLKIT_SCROLL_BARS NS MODULES

Important settings:
  value of $LANG: en_US.UTF-8
  locale-coding-system: utf-8-unix

Major mode: Emacs-Lisp

Minor modes in effect:
  diff-auto-refine-mode: t
  pyvenv-mode: t
  shell-dirtrack-mode: t
  global-linum-mode: t
  linum-mode: t
  show-paren-mode: t
  save-place-mode: t
  tooltip-mode: t
  global-eldoc-mode: t
  electric-indent-mode: t
  mouse-wheel-mode: t
  file-name-shadow-mode: t
  global-font-lock-mode: t
  font-lock-mode: t
  blink-cursor-mode: t
  auto-composition-mode: t
  auto-encryption-mode: t
  auto-compression-mode: t
  line-number-mode: t
  transient-mark-mode: t

Recent messages:
Mark set
Mark saved where search started
Mark set
Mark saved where search started
Saving file /Users/monibahmed/.emacs.d/init.el...
Wrote /Users/monibahmed/.emacs.d/init.el
Mark saved where search started
(No changes need to be saved)
previous-line: Beginning of buffer [2 times]
next-line: End of buffer [14 times]
previous-line: Beginning of buffer [3 times]

Load-path shadows:
None found.

Features:
(shadow sort mail-extr emacsbug message dired rfc822 mml mml-sec epg
mm-decode mm-bodies mm-encode mail-parse rfc2231 mailabbrev gmm-utils
mailheader sendmail rfc2047 rfc2045 ietf-drums misearch multi-isearch
vc-git diff-mode easy-mmode warnings tramp-cache thingatpt
company-oddmuse company-keywords company-etags company-gtags
company-dabbrev-code company-dabbrev company-files company-cmake
company-xcode company-clang company-eclim company-template company-css
company-nxml company-bbdb py-autopep8 flycheck rx subr-x dash yasnippet
highlight-indentation flymake company elpy pyvenv elpy-profile
elpy-django s elpy-refactor python tramp-sh tramp tramp-compat
tramp-loaddefs trampver shell pcomplete format-spec grep compile files-x
etags xref project cus-edit cus-start cus-load wid-edit linum
material-theme ein-notebook eieio-opt speedbar sb-image ezimage dframe
find-func ein-inspector ein-traceback ein-pytools ein-pager
ein-completer ein-subpackages ein-notification ein-scratchsheet
ein-worksheet advice ein-kill-ring ein-cell-output ein-cell-edit
ein-cell ein-output-area xml comint ring ein-kernelinfo ein-kernel
ein-ipdb ein-events eieio-compat ein-websocket websocket bindat
ansi-color ein-contents-api ein-query request mail-utils url url-proxy
url-privacy url-expand url-methods url-history url-cookie url-domsuf
url-util url-parse auth-source cl-seq eieio eieio-core cl-macs gnus-util
mm-util help-fns mail-prsvr password-cache url-vars mailcap cl ein-node
ein-log ein-core ein-utils json map cc-mode cc-fonts cc-guess cc-menus
cc-cmds cc-styles cc-align cc-engine cc-vars cc-defs ewoc ein-loaddefs
ein finder-inf paren edmacro kmacro saveplace ido info package
epg-config seq byte-opt gv bytecomp byte-compile cl-extra help-mode
easymenu cconv cl-loaddefs pcase cl-lib time-date mule-util tooltip
eldoc electric uniquify ediff-hook vc-hooks lisp-float-type mwheel
ns-win ucs-normalize term/common-win tool-bar dnd fontset image
regexp-opt fringe tabulated-list newcomment elisp-mode lisp-mode
prog-mode register page menu-bar rfn-eshadow timer select scroll-bar
mouse jit-lock font-lock syntax facemenu font-core frame cl-generic cham
georgian utf-8-lang misc-lang vietnamese tibetan thai tai-viet lao
korean japanese eucjp-ms cp51932 hebrew greek romanian slovak czech
european ethiopic indian cyrillic chinese charscript case-table epa-hook
jka-cmpr-hook help simple abbrev minibuffer cl-preloaded nadvice
loaddefs button faces cus-face macroexp files text-properties overlay
sha1 md5 base64 format env code-pages mule custom widget
hashtable-print-readable backquote kqueue cocoa ns multi-tty
make-network-process emacs)

Memory information:
((conses 16 425471 23113)
 (symbols 48 40207 0)
 (miscs 40 902 1134)
 (strings 32 85244 13367)
 (string-bytes 1 2542596)
 (vectors 16 61153)
 (vector-slots 8 1064764 7383)
 (floats 8 1067 542)
 (intervals 56 2595 465)
 (buffers 976 98))