Subject: Re: bug#25753: 29.1; Python mode shell interaction not working 100%

From: Peter Mao <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 11 Aug 2023 10:55:44 -0700

* Synopsis
  With 29.1 on OSX and GNU/Linux(Ubuntu), opening a python session in a
buffer for the
  second time in a buffer causes Emacs to hang.  (First mentioned in
  https://debbugs.gnu.org/cgi/bugreport.cgi?bug=25753#98).

  The warning message from
https://debbugs.gnu.org/cgi/bugreport.cgi?bug=25753#5
  appears on OSX, but not on Ubuntu.  As mentioned in that email, despite
the
  warning, completions *do* work.

  The major problem to my workflow is the hanging.  Versions 27 and 28 did
not
  have this problem.

* Solutions attempted that do not solve the issue for me
  1. `pip install gnureadline`
  2. https://debbugs.gnu.org/cgi/bugreport.cgi?bug=25753#41
  3. ~/.inputrc:  I don't use that on OSX, on Ubuntu, my config is minimal.

* Recipe, system info and .initrc are in the attached org-mode file.