Subject: bug#25753: 25.2; Python mode shell interaction not working 100%

From: [email-masked]
Date: Sat, 18 Feb 2017 12:44:29 -0500

Eli Zaretskii <[email-masked]> writes:

>> From: [email-masked] (Charles A. Roelli)
>> Date: Thu, 16 Feb 2017 17:07:48 +0100
>> 
>> In emacs 25.2 (rc1) and 25.1, interaction with the Python shell does not
>> seem to be working fully.  Python version is '2.7.12 (v2.7.12:d33e0cf91556,
>> Jun 26 2016, 12:10:39) [GCC 4.2.1 (Apple Inc. build 5666) (dot 3)]', and
>> this is on Snow Leopard.
>
> Please try the next RC (should be out in a few days), I think we fixed
> that there.

AFAIK, the only change since rc1 is to add "ipython" to
python-shell-completion-native-disabled-interpreters.  And that should
not affect the problem reported here, which does not seem to involve
ipython.

It might be something macOS specific, because I don't see any problems
on Arch GNU/Linux with python 2.7.13.