Subject: bug#25752: Acknowledgement (go incremental builds broken)

From: Leo Famulari <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 25 Feb 2017 10:58:14 -0500

On Fri, Feb 24, 2017 at 02:50:10PM -0500, Hank Donnay wrote:
> After talking on IRC, it seems like grafts are the problem. Adding
> `--no-grafts` to the above commands has them succeed.
> 
> The GOROOT (store location, in this case) gets encoded in the
> generated source by the 'dist' tool, so changing that is going to
> cause issues.
> 
> Is there a way to disable grafts on a per-package basis, in the definition?

You can disable them on the command-line for any tool that builds
things, using the '--no-grafts' option, which is a "Common build option"
[0]. For example, `guix environment --ad-hoc go --no-grafts`.

If you do this, you should understand that the ungrafted Go package will
contain some serious security vulnerabilities, since we only use grafts
to fix vulnerabilities in core packages. [1]

We should figure out why this issue manifests when go is grafted, and
fix the root cause.

[0]
https://www.gnu.org/software/guix/manual/html_node/Common-Build-Options.html

[1]
https://www.gnu.org/software/guix/manual/html_node/Security-Updates.html