Subject: bug#25746: python-pykka

From: Ricardo Wurmus <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 19 Feb 2017 13:02:01 +0100

ng0 <[email-masked]> writes:

>> > > +    (arguments
>> > > +     `(#:tests? #f)) ; Testsuite fails for unspecified reasons.
>> > 
>> > It would be nice to have some more details here and a FIXME, so that
>> > dedicated folks could fix this in the future.

[…]

> I tried running the build using the git versions in the package
> definition, and the python tests hang forever. I stopped after 3 - 5
> hours:
[…]
> test_base_exception_is_logged (tests.logging_test.ConcreteActorLoggingTest.<locals>.C) ...
>
>
> The last one (test_base_exception_is_logged) is the one where it
> hangs.

How about disabling that one test then?

> Without 'mopidy' https://github.com/mopidy I don't know if these
> test failures are grave or just minor.

I don’t know how this relates to the rest of this patch.

> My idea is now to just use the tarball version, skip the tests

Using the official release is preferred, but I’d rather not skip all the
tests.  We rarely ever do this unless there are bootstrap issues.
Please try to disable just the hanging tests instead of the complete
test suite.

-- 
Ricardo

GPG: BCA6 89B6 3655 3801 C3C6  2150 197A 5888 235F ACAC
https://elephly.net