Subject: bug#25733: [PATCH 04/18] gnu: Add [email-masked].

From: Ricardo Wurmus <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 18 Feb 2017 13:00:32 +0100

[email-masked] writes:

> From: ng0 <[email-masked]>
>
> * gnu/packages/version-control.scm ([email-masked]): New variable.

[…]

> +(define-public [email-masked]

The variable name should be “mercurial-3.7.3” (if the exact version
number is important).

Why does it have to be this particular version?  If any of the 3.7
series is sufficient then it should be called “mercurial-3.7”; if any
version 3.x is okay, then it should be called “mercurial-3”.

Please add a comment above this package definition that explains why
this particular variant is required, so that we know whether it is fine
to update or remove it in the future.

-- 
Ricardo

GPG: BCA6 89B6 3655 3801 C3C6  2150 197A 5888 235F ACAC
https://elephly.net