Subject: bug#25722: closed (Re: bug#25722: 26.0.50; awk-mode does not recognize comments)

From: [email-masked] (GNU bug Tracking System)
Date: Sat, 18 Feb 2017 13:03:02 +0000

Your bug report

#25722: 26.0.50; awk-mode does not recognize comments

which was filed against the emacs package, has been closed.

The explanation is attached below, along with your original report.
If you require more details, please reply to [email-masked].

-- 
25722: http://debbugs.gnu.org/cgi/bugreport.cgi?bug=25722
GNU Bug Tracking System
Contact [email-masked] with problems

Subject: Re: bug#25722: 26.0.50; awk-mode does not recognize comments
From: Alan Mackenzie <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked], "Dirk-Jan C. Binnema" <[email-masked]>
Cc: Eli Zaretskii <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 18 Feb 2017 13:01:39 +0000
List-Id: <debbugs-submit.debbugs.gnu.org>

Hello, Dirk-Jan.

On Tue, Feb 14, 2017 at 13:26:51 +0200, Dirk-Jan C. Binnema wrote:

> With emacs 26,
>   emacs -Q /tmp/test.awk
> now, add a comment:

> # this is a comment

> it does not get font-locked; same thing does work with emacs 25.x

Thanks for the report.  The problem was a side effect of another fix
last spring.  It's now fixed in master.

> In GNU Emacs 26.0.50.9 (x86_64-unknown-linux-gnu, GTK+ Version 3.22.7)
>  of 2017-02-13 built on borealis
> Repository revision: 4b18ef7ba3dd8aae4f3c3bf931365ef7da883baf
> Windowing system distributor 'Fedora Project', version 11.0.11804000
> System Description:	Fedora release 25 (Twenty Five)

[ .... ]

-- 
Alan Mackenzie (Nuremberg, Germany).

Subject: 26.0.50; awk-mode does not recognize comments
From: Dirk-Jan C. Binnema <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 14 Feb 2017 13:26:51 +0200
List-Id: <debbugs-submit.debbugs.gnu.org>

With emacs 26,
  emacs -Q /tmp/test.awk
now, add a comment:

# this is a comment

it does not get font-locked; same thing does work with emacs 25.x

In GNU Emacs 26.0.50.9 (x86_64-unknown-linux-gnu, GTK+ Version 3.22.7)
 of 2017-02-13 built on borealis
Repository revision: 4b18ef7ba3dd8aae4f3c3bf931365ef7da883baf
Windowing system distributor 'Fedora Project', version 11.0.11804000
System Description:	Fedora release 25 (Twenty Five)

Recent messages:
For information about GNU Emacs and the GNU system, type C-h C-a.
test.awk has auto save data; consider M-x recover-this-file
Saving file /tmp/test.awk...
Wrote /tmp/test.awk
Making completion list...

Configured using:
 'configure
 PKG_CONFIG_PATH=/usr/local/lib/pkgconfig:/usr/local/share/pkgconfig:/usr/lib/pkgconfig:'

Configured features:
XPM JPEG TIFF GIF PNG IMAGEMAGICK SOUND DBUS GSETTINGS NOTIFY ACL
LIBSELINUX GNUTLS LIBXML2 FREETYPE XFT ZLIB TOOLKIT_SCROLL_BARS GTK3 X11
LIBSYSTEMD

Important settings:
  value of $LC_ALL: en_DK.utf8
  value of $LC_MONETARY: en_DK.utf8
  value of $LC_NUMERIC: en_DK.utf8
  value of $LC_TIME: en_DK.utf8
  value of $LANG: en_DK.utf8
  value of $XMODIFIERS: @im=ibus
  locale-coding-system: utf-8-unix

Major mode: AWK/l

Minor modes in effect:
  tooltip-mode: t
  global-eldoc-mode: t
  electric-indent-mode: t
  mouse-wheel-mode: t
  tool-bar-mode: t
  menu-bar-mode: t
  file-name-shadow-mode: t
  global-font-lock-mode: t
  font-lock-mode: t
  blink-cursor-mode: t
  auto-composition-mode: t
  auto-encryption-mode: t
  auto-compression-mode: t
  line-number-mode: t
  transient-mark-mode: t
  abbrev-mode: t

Load-path shadows:
None found.

Features:
(shadow sort mail-extr emacsbug message subr-x puny seq byte-opt
bytecomp byte-compile cl-extra help-mode cconv dired dired-loaddefs
format-spec rfc822 mml mml-sec password-cache epa derived epg epg-config
gnus-util rmail rmail-loaddefs mm-decode mm-bodies mm-encode mail-parse
rfc2231 mailabbrev gmm-utils mailheader sendmail rfc2047 rfc2045
ietf-drums mm-util mail-prsvr mail-utils cc-awk cc-mode cc-fonts
easymenu cc-guess cc-menus cc-cmds cc-styles cc-align cc-engine cc-vars
cc-defs cl gv cl-loaddefs pcase cl-lib time-date mule-util tooltip eldoc
electric uniquify ediff-hook vc-hooks lisp-float-type mwheel term/x-win
x-win term/common-win x-dnd tool-bar dnd fontset image regexp-opt fringe
tabulated-list replace newcomment text-mode elisp-mode lisp-mode
prog-mode register page menu-bar rfn-eshadow isearch timer select
scroll-bar mouse jit-lock font-lock syntax facemenu font-core
term/tty-colors frame cl-generic cham georgian utf-8-lang misc-lang
vietnamese tibetan thai tai-viet lao korean japanese eucjp-ms cp51932
hebrew greek romanian slovak czech european ethiopic indian cyrillic
chinese composite charscript case-table epa-hook jka-cmpr-hook help
simple abbrev obarray minibuffer cl-preloaded nadvice loaddefs button
faces cus-face macroexp files text-properties overlay sha1 md5 base64
format env code-pages mule custom widget hashtable-print-readable
backquote dbusbind inotify dynamic-setting system-font-setting
font-render-setting move-toolbar gtk x-toolkit x multi-tty
make-network-process emacs)

Memory information:
((conses 16 117579 7635)
 (symbols 48 22831 1)
 (miscs 40 42 140)
 (strings 32 24505 4356)
 (string-bytes 1 868356)
 (vectors 16 16292)
 (vector-slots 8 493391 3676)
 (floats 8 184 53)
 (intervals 56 245 2)
 (buffers 976 13))