Subject: bug#25721: 26.0.50; Stuck `compile' when Gnus runs concurrently

From: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 14 Feb 2017 11:02:14 +0100

ACTIONS:

1.

M-; (make-thread #'gnus)

2.

Goto a directory with something to compile with the command 'make'.

3.

M-x compile make

OBSERVATION:

The buffer *compile* does not display the progress of the compilation.
It looks like beeing 'stuck'.

WANT:

The buffer *compile*  displays the progress of the compilation.

In GNU Emacs 26.0.50.1 (x86_64-unknown-linux-gnu, GTK+ Version 3.22.7)
 of 2017-02-09 built on tm6592
Repository revision: 12da2a5beafc4595fe4dd922431ba9f013b84830
Windowing system distributor 'The X.Org Foundation', version 11.0.11901000
System Description:	Arch Linux

Recent messages:
Zoning...sorry
<t> is undefined
Getting targets...
Quit [2 times]
Compilation interrupt
You can run the command `recompile' with g, <menu-bar> <compilation> <compilation-recompile>, <key-chord> c 4, <key-chord> 4 c
Compilation interrupt
Compilation exited abnormally with code 2
Quit
Pause over at 10:54:53.  What about another tomato?

Configured features:
XPM JPEG TIFF GIF PNG RSVG IMAGEMAGICK SOUND GPM DBUS GCONF GSETTINGS
NOTIFY ACL GNUTLS LIBXML2 FREETYPE M17N_FLT LIBOTF XFT ZLIB
TOOLKIT_SCROLL_BARS GTK3 X11 LIBSYSTEMD

Important settings:
  value of $LANG: en_US.UTF-8
  locale-coding-system: utf-8-unix

Major mode: Compilation

Minor modes in effect:
  beacon-mode: t
  moz-controller-global-mode: t
  moz-controller-mode: t
  zen-reward-mode: t
  nyan-mode: t
  global-company-mode: t
  company-mode: t
  diff-auto-refine-mode: t
  magit-auto-revert-mode: t
  global-git-commit-mode: t
  async-bytecomp-package-mode: t
  global-lentic-mode: t
  lentic-mode: t
  ido-hacks-mode: t
  ido-everywhere: t
  on-screen-global-mode: t
  wrap-region-global-mode: t
  wrap-region-mode: t
  keyfreq-autosave-mode: t
  keyfreq-mode: t
  dired-async-mode: t
  override-global-mode: t
  shell-dirtrack-mode: t
  timeclock-mode-line-display: t
  show-paren-mode: t
  erc-list-mode: t
  erc-menu-mode: t
  erc-autojoin-mode: t
  erc-ring-mode: t
  erc-networks-mode: t
  erc-pcomplete-mode: t
  erc-track-mode: t
  erc-track-minor-mode: t
  erc-match-mode: t
  erc-button-mode: t
  erc-fill-mode: t
  erc-stamp-mode: t
  erc-netsplit-mode: t
  erc-irccontrols-mode: t
  erc-noncommands-mode: t
  erc-move-to-prompt-mode: t
  erc-readonly-mode: t
  display-time-mode: t
  global-eldoc-mode: t
  electric-indent-mode: t
  mouse-wheel-mode: t
  file-name-shadow-mode: t
  global-font-lock-mode: t
  font-lock-mode: t
  auto-composition-mode: t
  auto-encryption-mode: t
  auto-compression-mode: t
  buffer-read-only: t
  line-number-mode: t
  transient-mark-mode: t
  abbrev-mode: t

Load-path shadows:
Error during checking
Features:
(shadow emacsbug bookmark org-capture gnus-dired tabify zone zone-nyan
esxml misearch multi-isearch hl-line cal-iso org-duration rfc2104 repeat
password-store bbdb-message mailalias shr-color color mm-archive
gnus-cite mail-extr gnus-bcklg gnus-async gnus-kill qp gnus-ml nndraft
nnmh nndoc utf-7 epa-file network-stream starttls nnfolder bbdb-gnus
nnnil gnus-agent gnus-srvr gnus-score score-mode nnvirtual gnus-msg
gnus-cache gnus-demon nntp smtpmail sendmail beacon checkdoc view
page-ext erc-dcc battery cal-china lunar cal-islam cal-hebrew holidays
hol-loaddefs bbdb-anniv appt diary-lib diary-loaddefs warnings emacsshot
rope-read-mode org-timer org-clock disp-table org-velocity dabbrev
org-learn org-invoice org-elisp-symbol org-depend org-w3m org-rmail
org-mhe org-irc org-inlinetask org-info org-id org-habit org-agenda
org-gnus org-eww org-docview doc-view jka-compr image-mode org-ctags
org-crypt org-bibtex bibtex org-bbdb exwm-randr xcb-randr exwm-config
exwm exwm-input xcb-keysyms xcb-xkb exwm-manage exwm-floating xcb-cursor
xcb-render exwm-layout exwm-workspace exwm-core xcb-ewmh xcb-icccm xcb
xcb-xproto xcb-types jl-encrypt maxima maxima-font-lock moz-controller
moz org-section-numbers org-structure-as-dirs-and-files org-bullets
carry-region hack-time mw-mark auxies-eww hacks auxies-rest
org-supplements little-helpers bbdb-mua bbdb-com gnorb-bbdb bbdb
bbdb-site timezone bbdb-loaddefs emms-librefm-stream
emms-librefm-scrobbler emms-playlist-limit emms-volume
emms-volume-amixer emms-i18n emms-history emms-score emms-stream-info
emms-metaplaylist-mode emms-bookmarks emms-cue emms-mode-line-icon
emms-browser sort emms-playlist-sort emms-last-played emms-player-xine
emms-player-mpd tq emms-playing-time emms-lyrics emms-url emms-streams
emms-show-all emms-tag-editor emms-mark emms-mode-line emms-cache
emms-info-ogginfo emms-info-mp3info emms-info later-do
emms-playlist-mode emms-player-vlc emms-player-mplayer
emms-player-simple emms-source-playlist emms-source-file emms-setup emms
emms-compat org-protocol slime-fancy slime-trace-dialog
slime-fontifying-fu slime-package-fu slime-references
slime-compiler-notes-tree slime-scratch slime-presentations bridge
slime-mdot-fu slime-enclosing-context slime-fuzzy slime-fancy-trace
slime-fancy-inspector slime-c-p-c slime-editing-commands slime-autodoc
slime-repl elp slime-parse slime gud apropos compile arc-mode
archive-mode hyperspec slime-autoloads refine git-timemachine vc-git
elmacro emr-c emr-elisp emr-lisp list-utils emr-iedit which-func imenu
emr-prog emr popup hyperbole hinit hibtypes hib-doc-id hsys-www klink
hib-kbd hib-debbugs hib-social hsys-org hactypes hui-mini hui hui-mouse
hui-window hargs hui-menu hyrolo-menu hyrolo hmail hui-jmenu hmouse-key
hmouse-sh hmouse-drv hypb locate hsettings hui-em-but hbut hact hpath
hhist hbdata htz cal-julian hbmap hmoccur hui-select hvar set hversion
hload-path git-auto-commit-mode nyan-mode sotlisp skeleton gnuplot
info-look helm helm-source helm-multi-match helm-lib aurel url-http
url-auth url-gw nsm bui bui-list bui-info bui-entry bui-core bui-history
bui-button bui-utils cus-edit json map rase solar cal-dst gnorb
gnorb-org gnorb-registry gnus-registry registry gnus-art mm-uu mml2015
mm-view mml-smime smime dig gnorb-gnus gnorb-utils nngnorb nnir gnus-sum
gnus-group gnus-undo gnus-start gnus-cloud nnimap nnmail mail-source tls
gnutls utf7 netrc gnus-spec gnus-int gnus-range gnus-win nnoo
smartparens lispy hydra lv swiper ivy ivy-overlay ffap iedit iedit-lib
multiple-cursors-core rect lispy-inline semantic/db eieio-base
semantic/util-modes semantic/util semantic semantic/tag semantic/lex
semantic/fw mode-local cedet ediff-merg ediff-wind ediff-diff ediff-mult
ediff-help ediff-init ediff-util ediff edebug help-fns radix-tree
lispy-tags key-chord company-oddmuse company-keywords company-etags
etags xref project company-gtags company-dabbrev-code company-dabbrev
company-files company-capf company-cmake company-xcode company-clang
company-semantic company-eclim company-template company-css company-nxml
company-bbdb company magit-obsolete magit-blame magit-stash magit-bisect
magit-remote magit-commit magit-sequence magit-notes magit-worktree
magit-branch magit-files magit-refs magit-status magit magit-repos
magit-apply magit-wip magit-log magit-diff smerge-mode diff-mode
magit-core magit-autorevert autorevert filenotify magit-process
magit-margin magit-mode magit-git crm magit-section magit-popup
git-commit magit-utils log-edit message rfc822 mml mml-sec epa epg
mm-decode mm-bodies mm-encode mail-parse rfc2231 mailabbrev gmm-utils
mailheader pcvs-util add-log with-editor async-bytecomp tramp-sh server
lentic-mode lentic-doc lentic-ox lentic-org lentic-chunk rx ox-texinfo
ox-org ox-odt rng-loc rng-uri rng-parse rng-match rng-dt rng-util
rng-pttrn nxml-parse nxml-ns nxml-enc xmltok nxml-util ox-md
ox-icalendar ox-html table ox-beamer ox-latex ox-ascii ox-publish ox eww
puny mm-url gnus nnheader gnus-util rmail rmail-loaddefs rfc2047 rfc2045
ietf-drums mail-utils mm-util mail-prsvr url-queue url url-proxy
url-privacy url-expand url-methods url-history url-cookie url-domsuf
url-util mailcap shr svg dom subr-x browse-url lentic eieio-compat f s
m-buffer-at m-buffer m-buffer-macro ido-hacks ido expand-region
text-mode-expansions cc-mode-expansions the-org-mode-expansions
er-basic-expansions expand-region-core expand-region-custom
browse-kill-ring derived form-feed page-break-lines on-screen
wrap-region keyfreq stumpwm-mode dired-narrow delsel dired-hacks-utils
dash chronos notifications dbus xml ace-link avy camcorder dired-async
dired-aux dired dired-loaddefs async use-package diminish bind-key
finder-inf tex-site edmacro kmacro kotl-loaddefs screenshot-autoloads
info package epg-config url-handlers url-parse url-vars org-element
avl-tree org org-macro org-footnote org-pcomplete org-list org-faces
org-entities noutline outline easy-mmode org-version ob-octave
ob-makefile ob-forth ob-R ob-haskell ob-maxima ob-java ob-plantuml
ob-sqlite ob-sql ob-screen ob-J ob-io ob-shell ob-clojure ob-scheme
ob-gnuplot ob-dot ob-ditaa ob-lisp ob-css ob-js ob-org ob-ledger
ob-latex ob-calc calc-store calc-trail calc-ext calc calc-loaddefs
calc-macs ob-C cc-mode cc-fonts cc-guess cc-menus cc-cmds cc-styles
cc-align cc-engine cc-vars cc-defs cl ob-python ob-awk ob-emacs-lisp ob
ob-tangle org-src ob-ref ob-lob ob-table ob-keys ob-exp ob-comint tramp
tramp-compat tramp-loaddefs trampver ucs-normalize shell parse-time
advice ob-core ob-eval org-compat org-macs org-loaddefs cal-menu
calendar cal-loaddefs ert find-func seq ewoc debug .emacs-custom
timeclock paren avoid erc-list erc-menu erc-join erc-ring erc-networks
erc-pcomplete time-date pcomplete comint ansi-color ring erc-track
erc-match erc-button wid-edit erc-fill erc-stamp erc-netsplit
erc-goodies erc erc-backend erc-compat format-spec auth-source cl-seq
eieio byte-opt bytecomp byte-compile cl-extra help-mode easymenu cconv
eieio-core cl-macs gv eieio-loaddefs password-cache thingatpt pp time
desktop frameset cl-loaddefs pcase cl-lib cus-start cus-load mule-util
tooltip eldoc electric uniquify ediff-hook vc-hooks lisp-float-type
mwheel term/x-win x-win term/common-win x-dnd tool-bar dnd fontset image
regexp-opt fringe tabulated-list replace newcomment text-mode elisp-mode
lisp-mode prog-mode register page menu-bar rfn-eshadow isearch timer
select scroll-bar mouse jit-lock font-lock syntax facemenu font-core
term/tty-colors frame cl-generic cham georgian utf-8-lang misc-lang
vietnamese tibetan thai tai-viet lao korean japanese eucjp-ms cp51932
hebrew greek romanian slovak czech european ethiopic indian cyrillic
chinese composite charscript case-table epa-hook jka-cmpr-hook help
simple abbrev obarray minibuffer cl-preloaded nadvice loaddefs button
faces cus-face macroexp files text-properties overlay sha1 md5 base64
format env code-pages mule custom widget hashtable-print-readable
backquote dbusbind inotify dynamic-setting system-font-setting
font-render-setting move-toolbar gtk x-toolkit x multi-tty
make-network-process emacs)

Memory information:
((conses 16 1336026 216432)
 (symbols 48 92507 519)
 (miscs 40 63884 21329)
 (strings 32 354192 32316)
 (string-bytes 1 10178170)
 (vectors 16 149575)
 (vector-slots 8 3223150 186894)
 (floats 8 3980 2669)
 (intervals 56 15756 6541)
 (buffers 976 85))

-- 
Marco Wahl