Subject: Re: bug#25705: [PATCH] gnu: python-matplotlib: Don't propagate python-numpy-bootstrap.

From: Thomas Danckaert <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 14 Feb 2017 09:51:17 +0100 (CET)

From: Marius Bakke <[email-masked]>
Subject: Re: bug#25705: [PATCH] gnu: python-matplotlib: Don't 
propagate python-numpy-bootstrap.
Date: Mon, 13 Feb 2017 21:48:09 +0100

> Hi Thomas,
>
> Thanks for the reminder. I'm not comfortable pushing this while we 
> don't
> notice python test failures[0], but will add this as soon as the
> 'python-tests' branch is merged.

Yes, I thought that had something to do with it.

By the way, as another solution, we could create a separate 
python-numpy-documentation package (not to be confused with 
python-numpydoc, which is something different...), instead of a 
python-numpy:doc output.  This way, we could end up with a much 
simpler dependency graph, which doesn't require any bootstrap 
packages:

python-numpy <- python-matplotlib <- python-numpy-documentation

But I suppose the preference in guix is to work with multiple outputs?

Thomas