Subject: Re: Emacs-CVS Win32 MS-IME will lost some input

From: Jason Rumney <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 04 Mar 2009 21:51:11 +0800

Yao wrote:
> Hi
>
> I am using japanese input method .If I input continuously I will lost
> some word.
> Because Emacs handles  WM_IME_CHAR.When first WM_IME_CHAR arrived  It
> read whole string and ignore the other WM_IME_CHAR messages.So it use
> a ignore_ime_char flag.
>
> The flag is reseted after a WM_IME_ENDCOMPOSITION message.I think when
> I input continuously the IME haven't send some WM_IME_ENDCOMPOSITION
> message, Because it has not ENDed.
>
> And the composition window is not followed the cursor.
>   

Thank you for your analysis and patch. I found a simpler patch that 
fixes the bug, and installed that for now. But it seems that your patch 
also improves the way the composition phase appears to the user, so I 
would like to revisit this after the 23.1 release.