Subject: bug#25683: closed (done)

From: [email-masked] (GNU bug Tracking System)
Date: Wed, 15 Feb 2017 04:19:02 +0000

Your bug report

#25683: 25.1.91; vc-dir shows conflicted files as "edited"

which was filed against the emacs package, has been closed.

The explanation is attached below, along with your original report.
If you require more details, please reply to [email-masked].

-- 
25683: http://debbugs.gnu.org/cgi/bugreport.cgi?bug=25683
GNU Bug Tracking System
Contact [email-masked] with problems

Subject: done
From: Tom Tromey <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 14 Feb 2017 21:18:20 -0700
List-Id: <debbugs-submit.debbugs.gnu.org>

Fix checked in.

Tom

Subject: 25.1.91; vc-dir shows conflicted files as "edited"
From: Tom Tromey <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 10 Feb 2017 15:15:35 -0700
List-Id: <debbugs-submit.debbugs.gnu.org>

I was doing a "git rebase" and it had some conflicts.

If I "git status" in the shell I can see conflicts like:

	both modified:   gdb/minidebug.c

However, if I use vc-dir, I just see:

     edited              gdb/minidebug.c

This isn't any different from a file that is touched by this change but
not in conflict.

I think it would be nicer if vc-dir showed me which files had conflicts
and which were merely "edited".

Tom

In GNU Emacs 25.1.91.2 (x86_64-unknown-linux-gnu, GTK+ Version 3.22.7)
 of 2017-02-02 built on bapiya
Repository revision: 7e02a477bbcabb4e65aeecade79b67357c0b9dae
Windowing system distributor 'Fedora Project', version 11.0.11901000
System Description:	Fedora release 25 (Twenty Five)

Configured using:
 'configure --prefix=/home/tromey/Emacs/install/ --with-modules'

Configured features:
XPM JPEG TIFF GIF PNG RSVG IMAGEMAGICK SOUND GPM DBUS GCONF GSETTINGS
NOTIFY LIBSELINUX GNUTLS LIBXML2 FREETYPE M17N_FLT LIBOTF XFT ZLIB
TOOLKIT_SCROLL_BARS GTK3 X11 MODULES

Important settings:
  value of $LANG: en_US.utf8
  value of $XMODIFIERS: @im=ibus
  locale-coding-system: utf-8-unix

Major mode: VC dir

Minor modes in effect:
  vc-parent-buffer: *vc-dir*<binutils-gdb>
  shell-dirtrack-mode: t
  diff-auto-refine-mode: t
  which-function-mode: t
  erc-services-mode: t
  erc-list-mode: t
  erc-menu-mode: t
  erc-autojoin-mode: t
  erc-ring-mode: t
  erc-networks-mode: t
  erc-pcomplete-mode: t
  erc-track-mode: t
  erc-match-mode: t
  erc-netsplit-mode: t
  erc-hl-nicks-mode: t
  erc-button-mode: t
  erc-fill-mode: t
  erc-stamp-mode: t
  erc-irccontrols-mode: t
  erc-noncommands-mode: t
  erc-move-to-prompt-mode: t
  erc-readonly-mode: t
  savehist-mode: t
  tooltip-mode: t
  global-eldoc-mode: t
  electric-indent-mode: t
  mouse-wheel-mode: t
  file-name-shadow-mode: t
  global-font-lock-mode: t
  font-lock-mode: t
  auto-composition-mode: t
  auto-encryption-mode: t
  auto-compression-mode: t
  buffer-read-only: t
  column-number-mode: t
  line-number-mode: t
  transient-mark-mode: t

Recent messages:
Delete excess backup versions of /home/tromey/gdb/binutils-gdb/.git/COMMIT_EDITMSG? (y or n) y
Wrote /home/tromey/gdb/binutils-gdb/.git/COMMIT_EDITMSG
There are unresolved conflicts in /home/tromey/gdb/binutils-gdb/gdb/ui-out.h
Making completion list...
Mark saved where search started
Mark set
Mark saved where search started
C-x C-g is undefined
(No files need saving)
Hiding up-to-date and ignored items

Load-path shadows:
/home/tromey/.emacs.d/elpa/bubbles-0.5/bubbles hides /home/tromey/Emacs/install/share/emacs/25.1.91/lisp/play/bubbles

Features:
(shadow emacsbug conf-mode two-column iso-transl perl-mode sh-script
executable cal-move nnregistry python tramp-sh tramp tramp-compat
tramp-loaddefs trampver ucs-normalize make-mode etags cursor-sensor
mhtml-mode org-bullets org-element org-rmail org-mhe org-irc org-info
org-gnus org-docview doc-view image-mode org-bibtex bibtex org-bbdb
org-w3m org org-macro org-footnote org-pcomplete org-list org-faces
org-entities org-version ob-emacs-lisp ob ob-tangle ob-ref ob-lob
ob-table ob-exp org-src ob-keys ob-comint ob-core ob-eval org-compat
org-macs org-loaddefs gnus-fun gnus-draft noutline outline ido skeleton
css-mode smie eww url-queue trace find-dired descr-text gdb-shell
lisp-mnt url-handlers url-http url-gw url-auth lex edebug debug m4-mode
bbdb-sc supercite regi xref project log-edit js json map sgml-mode
flow-fill gnus-html xml url-cache mm-url url url-proxy url-privacy
url-expand url-methods url-history url-cookie url-domsuf eieio-opt
speedbar sb-image ezimage dframe find-func whitespace tcl log-view
pcvs-util vc-annotate term/xterm xterm smerge-mode goto-addr shell
find-file idutils derived bug-reference cc-mode cc-fonts cc-guess
cc-menus cc-cmds jka-compr mailalias mail-hist nnir sort gnus-cite
smiley shr-color url-util url-parse url-vars shr dom subr-x browse-url
mm-archive gnus-async gnus-bcklg qp gnus-ml disp-table gnus-topic
nndraft nnmh nnfolder utf-7 bbdb-gnus bbdb-mua bbdb-com crm
network-stream nsm starttls gnus-agent gnus-srvr gnus-score score-mode
nnvirtual gnus-msg nntp gnus-cache gnus-registry registry eieio-compat
eieio-base gnus-art mm-uu mml2015 mm-view mml-smime smime dig mailcap
gnus-sum gnus-group gnus-undo smtpmail gnus-start gnus-cloud nnimap
nnmail mail-source tls gnutls utf7 netrc nnoo parse-time gnus-spec
gnus-int gnus-range gnus-win gnus gnus-ems nnheader bbdb-message
sendmail mail-extr message idna dired rfc822 mml mml-sec epg mm-decode
mm-bodies mm-encode mail-parse rfc2231 rfc2047 rfc2045 ietf-drums
mailabbrev mail-utils gmm-utils mailheader gud dwarf-mode copyright
dabbrev misearch multi-isearch vc-mtn vc-hg vc-bzr vc-src vc-sccs vc-svn
vc-cvs vc-rcs add-log rx vc-git diff-mode easy-mmode rust-mode flyspell
ispell diminish edmacro kmacro projectile grep compile ibuf-ext ibuffer
dash appt diary-lib diary-loaddefs cal-menu calendar cal-loaddefs
which-func imenu minimap autorevert filenotify cus-start cus-load status
erc-services erc-list erc-menu erc-join erc-ring erc-networks
erc-pcomplete pcomplete erc-track erc-match erc-netsplit erc-hl-nicks
color erc-button erc-fill erc-stamp wid-edit erc-goodies erc erc-backend
erc-compat format-spec auth-source eieio gnus-util mm-util help-fns
mail-prsvr password-cache thingatpt pp warnings advice vc-dir ewoc vc
vc-dispatcher cc-styles cc-align cc-engine cc-vars cc-defs bbdb
bbdb-site timezone ange-ftp comint ansi-color ring server savehist
finder-inf dwarf-mode-autoloads gdb-shell-autoloads eieio-core
lisppaste-autoloads pydoc-info-autoloads info-look cl-seq cl-macs cl
weblogger-autoloads info package epg-config seq byte-opt gv bytecomp
byte-compile cl-extra help-mode easymenu cconv cl-loaddefs pcase cl-lib
bbdb-loaddefs time-date mule-util tooltip eldoc electric uniquify
ediff-hook vc-hooks lisp-float-type mwheel x-win term/common-win x-dnd
tool-bar dnd fontset image regexp-opt fringe tabulated-list newcomment
elisp-mode lisp-mode prog-mode register page menu-bar rfn-eshadow timer
select scroll-bar mouse jit-lock font-lock syntax facemenu font-core
frame cl-generic cham georgian utf-8-lang misc-lang vietnamese tibetan
thai tai-viet lao korean japanese eucjp-ms cp51932 hebrew greek romanian
slovak czech european ethiopic indian cyrillic chinese charscript
case-table epa-hook jka-cmpr-hook help simple abbrev minibuffer
cl-preloaded nadvice loaddefs button faces cus-face macroexp files
text-properties overlay sha1 md5 base64 format env code-pages mule
custom widget hashtable-print-readable backquote dbusbind inotify
dynamic-setting system-font-setting font-render-setting move-toolbar gtk
x-toolkit x multi-tty make-network-process emacs)

Memory information:
((conses 16 1841388 223499)
 (symbols 48 137600 13)
 (miscs 40 30171 9433)
 (strings 32 518292 186214)
 (string-bytes 1 14434760)
 (vectors 16 128453)
 (vector-slots 8 2744148 100168)
 (floats 8 924 1207)
 (intervals 56 168057 715)
 (buffers 976 269))