Subject: store references in ~/.config/xfce4

From: Thomas Danckaert <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 09 Feb 2017 11:25:21 +0100

Hi,

when setting up a xfce4 desktop, the ${HOME}/.config/xfce4 directory 
contains direct references to the store, which can later be garbage 
collected:

~$ grep -r "/gnu/store" .config
.config/xfce4/panel/launcher-9/14865882321.desktop:Exec=/gnu/store/84x54ph8x8z2m77sln39nh5dkkjmj64g-exo-0.10.3/bin/exo-open 
--launch TerminalEmulator
.config/xfce4/panel/launcher-11/14865882323.desktop:Exec=/gnu/store/84x54ph8x8z2m77sln39nh5dkkjmj64g-exo-0.10.3/bin/exo-open 
--launch WebBrowser %u
.config/xfce4/panel/launcher-10/14865882322.desktop:Exec=/gnu/store/84x54ph8x8z2m77sln39nh5dkkjmj64g-exo-0.10.3/bin/exo-open 
--launch FileManager %u
.config/xfce4/panel/launcher-12/14865882324.desktop:Exec=/gnu/store/0cgfqzxsx0mimkwqmdn9z52zk0c387kw-xfce4-appfinder-4.12.0/bin/xfce4-appfinder
.config/xfce4/xfconf/xfce-perchannel-xml/xfce4-desktop.xml:          
<property name="last-image" type="string" 
value="/gnu/store/f7gfrrbwcl2xvdqmg35fnb78bkp8gjhh-xfdesktop-4.12.0/share/backgrounds/xfce/xfce-teal.jpg"/>
.config/xfce4/xfconf/xfce-perchannel-xml/xfce4-desktop.xml:          
<property name="last-image" type="string" 
value="/gnu/store/f7gfrrbwcl2xvdqmg35fnb78bkp8gjhh-xfdesktop-4.12.0/share/backgrounds/xfce/xfce-teal.jpg"/>
.config/xfce4/xfconf/xfce-perchannel-xml/xfce4-desktop.xml:          
<property name="last-image" type="string" 
value="/gnu/store/f7gfrrbwcl2xvdqmg35fnb78bkp8gjhh-xfdesktop-4.12.0/share/backgrounds/xfce/xfce-teal.jpg"/>
.config/xfce4/xfconf/xfce-perchannel-xml/xfce4-desktop.xml:          
<property name="last-image" type="string" 
value="/gnu/store/f7gfrrbwcl2xvdqmg35fnb78bkp8gjhh-xfdesktop-4.12.0/share/backgrounds/xfce/xfce-teal.jpg"/>
.config/xfce4/xfconf/xfce-perchannel-xml/xfce4-desktop.xml:          
<property name="last-image" type="string" 
value="/gnu/store/f7gfrrbwcl2xvdqmg35fnb78bkp8gjhh-xfdesktop-4.12.0/share/backgrounds/xfce/xfce-teal.jpg"/>
.config/xfce4/xfconf/xfce-perchannel-xml/xfce4-desktop.xml:          
<property name="last-image" type="string" 
value="/gnu/store/f7gfrrbwcl2xvdqmg35fnb78bkp8gjhh-xfdesktop-4.12.0/share/backgrounds/xfce/xfce-teal.jpg"/>
.config/xfce4/xfconf/xfce-perchannel-xml/xfce4-desktop.xml:          
<property name="last-image" type="string" 
value="/gnu/store/f7gfrrbwcl2xvdqmg35fnb78bkp8gjhh-xfdesktop-4.12.0/share/backgrounds/xfce/xfce-teal.jpg"/>
.config/xfce4/xfconf/xfce-perchannel-xml/xfce4-desktop.xml:          
<property name="last-image" type="string" 
value="/gnu/store/f7gfrrbwcl2xvdqmg35fnb78bkp8gjhh-xfdesktop-4.12.0/share/backgrounds/xfce/xfce-teal.jpg"/>

I think the launcher items can be replaced by the just the executables, 
without a path.  The desktop images can probably be replaced by 
/run/current-system/profile/share/backgrounds/xfce/...?

Thomas