Subject: bug#25667: closed (Re: bug#25667: Status? store refs in ~/.config/xfce4)

From: [email-masked] (GNU bug Tracking System)
Date: Fri, 26 Nov 2021 01:11:02 +0000

Your bug report

#25667: store references in ~/.config/xfce4

which was filed against the guix package, has been closed.

The explanation is attached below, along with your original report.
If you require more details, please reply to [email-masked].

-- 
25667: http://debbugs.gnu.org/cgi/bugreport.cgi?bug=25667
GNU Bug Tracking System
Contact [email-masked] with problems

Subject: Re: bug#25667: Status? store refs in ~/.config/xfce4
From: zimoun <[email-masked]>
To: Efraim Flashner <[email-masked]>
Cc: Thomas Danckaert <[email-masked]>, [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 26 Nov 2021 02:09:45 +0100
List-Id: <debbugs-submit.debbugs.gnu.org>

Hi,

On Tue, 14 Sep 2021 at 14:24, Efraim Flashner <[email-masked]> wrote:

> I forgot all about this issue. Given that I haven't really seen it pop up on
> IRC I think I'd close it as "won't fix". I can't see good things coming from
> reaching into people's home directories. Maybe if there's some default
> applications those could be patched in the xfce package to make sure it
> doesn't bite those who don't have that folder yet.

Therefore, I am closing.

Cheers,
simon

Subject: store references in ~/.config/xfce4
From: Thomas Danckaert <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 09 Feb 2017 11:25:21 +0100
List-Id: <debbugs-submit.debbugs.gnu.org>

Hi,

when setting up a xfce4 desktop, the ${HOME}/.config/xfce4 directory 
contains direct references to the store, which can later be garbage 
collected:

~$ grep -r "/gnu/store" .config
.config/xfce4/panel/launcher-9/14865882321.desktop:Exec=/gnu/store/84x54ph8x8z2m77sln39nh5dkkjmj64g-exo-0.10.3/bin/exo-open 
--launch TerminalEmulator
.config/xfce4/panel/launcher-11/14865882323.desktop:Exec=/gnu/store/84x54ph8x8z2m77sln39nh5dkkjmj64g-exo-0.10.3/bin/exo-open 
--launch WebBrowser %u
.config/xfce4/panel/launcher-10/14865882322.desktop:Exec=/gnu/store/84x54ph8x8z2m77sln39nh5dkkjmj64g-exo-0.10.3/bin/exo-open 
--launch FileManager %u
.config/xfce4/panel/launcher-12/14865882324.desktop:Exec=/gnu/store/0cgfqzxsx0mimkwqmdn9z52zk0c387kw-xfce4-appfinder-4.12.0/bin/xfce4-appfinder
.config/xfce4/xfconf/xfce-perchannel-xml/xfce4-desktop.xml:          
<property name="last-image" type="string" 
value="/gnu/store/f7gfrrbwcl2xvdqmg35fnb78bkp8gjhh-xfdesktop-4.12.0/share/backgrounds/xfce/xfce-teal.jpg"/>
.config/xfce4/xfconf/xfce-perchannel-xml/xfce4-desktop.xml:          
<property name="last-image" type="string" 
value="/gnu/store/f7gfrrbwcl2xvdqmg35fnb78bkp8gjhh-xfdesktop-4.12.0/share/backgrounds/xfce/xfce-teal.jpg"/>
.config/xfce4/xfconf/xfce-perchannel-xml/xfce4-desktop.xml:          
<property name="last-image" type="string" 
value="/gnu/store/f7gfrrbwcl2xvdqmg35fnb78bkp8gjhh-xfdesktop-4.12.0/share/backgrounds/xfce/xfce-teal.jpg"/>
.config/xfce4/xfconf/xfce-perchannel-xml/xfce4-desktop.xml:          
<property name="last-image" type="string" 
value="/gnu/store/f7gfrrbwcl2xvdqmg35fnb78bkp8gjhh-xfdesktop-4.12.0/share/backgrounds/xfce/xfce-teal.jpg"/>
.config/xfce4/xfconf/xfce-perchannel-xml/xfce4-desktop.xml:          
<property name="last-image" type="string" 
value="/gnu/store/f7gfrrbwcl2xvdqmg35fnb78bkp8gjhh-xfdesktop-4.12.0/share/backgrounds/xfce/xfce-teal.jpg"/>
.config/xfce4/xfconf/xfce-perchannel-xml/xfce4-desktop.xml:          
<property name="last-image" type="string" 
value="/gnu/store/f7gfrrbwcl2xvdqmg35fnb78bkp8gjhh-xfdesktop-4.12.0/share/backgrounds/xfce/xfce-teal.jpg"/>
.config/xfce4/xfconf/xfce-perchannel-xml/xfce4-desktop.xml:          
<property name="last-image" type="string" 
value="/gnu/store/f7gfrrbwcl2xvdqmg35fnb78bkp8gjhh-xfdesktop-4.12.0/share/backgrounds/xfce/xfce-teal.jpg"/>
.config/xfce4/xfconf/xfce-perchannel-xml/xfce4-desktop.xml:          
<property name="last-image" type="string" 
value="/gnu/store/f7gfrrbwcl2xvdqmg35fnb78bkp8gjhh-xfdesktop-4.12.0/share/backgrounds/xfce/xfce-teal.jpg"/>

I think the launcher items can be replaced by the just the executables, 
without a path.  The desktop images can probably be replaced by 
/run/current-system/profile/share/backgrounds/xfce/...?

Thomas