Subject: Re: bug#25666: Screen rendering bug

From: [email-masked]
Date: Sun, 12 Feb 2017 12:15:06 -0500

Eli Zaretskii <[email-masked]> writes:

> I see the same here.  The frame dimensions are not relevant, btw: I
> can see this with any dimensions I tried.

Hmm, like the OP, I can't reproduce with an 80x24 terminal.

>> It doesn't happen with nlinum-mode, probably because with nlinum-mode
>> when the left window scrolls, the margin in the right window is widened
>> too.
>
> I see this with nlinum-mode as well.  My terminal is PuTTY (which
> emulates xterm).

Ah, this depends on how high the terminal is.  With an 80x32 terminal I
see it with nlinum-mode as well.  I think it's just a question of
whether the first scroll reaches high enough line numbers to trigger a
margin width adjustment.

> You can also trigger a slightly different messup by "M-<" after the
> first scroll (which by itself looks OK).

Yes, in this case the top half of the other window gets lost.