Subject: bug#25666: Screen rendering bug

From: Fredrik Ljungdahl <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 9 Feb 2017 22:37:47 +0100

I attempted to reproduce this in a different terminal, in case that was the
issue (I originally used Konsole), in this case xterm. I was not able to
reproduce under the standard resolution of 80x24. However, by increasing
the resolution by fullscreening it (resulting in a terminal size of
212x78), I was able to once again reproducue the bug. Further testing shows
that, with that particular file, I am able to reproduce the issue in 116x24
but not 80x24. I am guessing that text wrapping is involved in some way,
but I can't consistently figure out where the bug reproduces and when it
doesn't (aside from it always or never reproducing under the same terminal
size).

/FIQ

2017-02-09 21:37 GMT+01:00 Eli Zaretskii <[email-masked]>:

> > From: Fredrik Ljungdahl <[email-masked]>
> > Date: Thu, 9 Feb 2017 09:23:48 +0100
> >
> > * I used a 146x46 size terminal (potentially matters)
> > * Acquire this: http://sprunge.us/hVNi
> > * Invoke emacs with emacs -Q
> > * Go to this file (C-x C-f hVNi)
> > * Invoke line number mode (M-x linum-mode), lack of linum-mode doesn't
> seem to reproduce this
> > * Split the window (C-x 3)
> > * Hold down C-n (C-v does not reproduce this)
> > * On the 2nd half-scroll, the 2nd split window should have its rendering
> messed up in obvious ways
>
> I did this, and didn't see any messup.
>