Subject: bug#25661: 25.1; XBM raw :data images are not displayed

From: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 09 Feb 2017 17:26:53 +0900

Emacs displays noisy black rectangles for XBM raw :data images.

;; wrong image is shown
(insert-image (create-image "\xff\x81\x81\x81\x81\x81\x81\xff"
                            'xbm t :width 8 :height 8))

;; correct image(8x8 pixel framed square) is shown
(insert-image (create-image "\
#define tmp_width 8
#define tmp_height 8
static char tmp_bits[] = {0xff,0x81,0x81,0x81,0x81,0x81,0x81,0xff};"
                            'xbm t))

In GNU Emacs 25.1.1 (i686-w64-mingw32)
 of 2016-09-18 built on LAPHROAIG
Windowing system distributor 'Microsoft Corp.', version 6.0.6002
Configured using:
 'configure --host=i686-w64-mingw32 --without-dbus
 --without-compress-install CFLAGS=-static'

Configured features:
XPM JPEG TIFF GIF PNG RSVG SOUND NOTIFY ACL GNUTLS LIBXML2 ZLIB
TOOLKIT_SCROLL_BARS

Important settings:
  value of $LANG: JPN
  locale-coding-system: cp932

Major mode: Lisp Interaction

Minor modes in effect:
  tooltip-mode: t
  global-eldoc-mode: t
  electric-indent-mode: t
  mouse-wheel-mode: t
  tool-bar-mode: t
  menu-bar-mode: t
  file-name-shadow-mode: t
  global-font-lock-mode: t
  font-lock-mode: t
  blink-cursor-mode: t
  auto-composition-mode: t
  auto-encryption-mode: t
  auto-compression-mode: t
  line-number-mode: t
  transient-mark-mode: t

Recent messages:

Load-path shadows:
None found.

Features:
(network-stream nsm starttls tls gnutls mailalias smtpmail auth-source
cl-seq eieio byte-opt bytecomp byte-compile cl-extra cconv eieio-core
cl-macs gv cus-edit cus-start cus-load wid-edit info misearch
multi-isearch pp shadow sort mail-extr emacsbug message dired
format-spec rfc822 mml mml-sec password-cache epg epg-config gnus-util
mm-decode mm-bodies mm-encode mail-parse rfc2231 mailabbrev gmm-utils
mailheader sendmail rfc2047 rfc2045 ietf-drums mm-util help-fns
help-mode easymenu cl-loaddefs pcase cl-lib mail-prsvr mail-utils
time-date mule-util japan-util tooltip eldoc electric uniquify
ediff-hook vc-hooks lisp-float-type mwheel dos-w32 ls-lisp disp-table
w32-win w32-vars term/common-win tool-bar dnd fontset image regexp-opt
fringe tabulated-list newcomment elisp-mode lisp-mode prog-mode register
page menu-bar rfn-eshadow timer select scroll-bar mouse jit-lock
font-lock syntax facemenu font-core frame cl-generic cham georgian
utf-8-lang misc-lang vietnamese tibetan thai tai-viet lao korean
japanese eucjp-ms cp51932 hebrew greek romanian slovak czech european
ethiopic indian cyrillic chinese charscript case-table epa-hook
jka-cmpr-hook help simple abbrev minibuffer cl-preloaded nadvice
loaddefs button faces cus-face macroexp files text-properties overlay
sha1 md5 base64 format env code-pages mule custom widget
hashtable-print-readable backquote w32notify w32 multi-tty
make-network-process emacs)

Memory information:
((conses 8 136750 87569)
 (symbols 32 26896 0)
 (miscs 32 97 254)
 (strings 16 29397 6513)
 (string-bytes 1 758427)
 (vectors 8 16875)
 (vector-slots 4 630463 12088)
 (floats 8 212 389)
 (intervals 28 4701 3860)
 (buffers 520 27))