Subject: bug#2564 closed by Adrian Robert <[email-masked]> (Re: 23.0.90; cperl-mode while editing over tramp)

From: [email-masked] (Emacs bug Tracking System)
Date: Fri, 06 Mar 2009 20:20:04 +0000

This is an automatic notification regarding your bug report
which was filed against the emacs,ns package:

#2564: 23.0.90; cperl-mode while editing over tramp

It has been closed by Adrian Robert <[email-masked]>.

Their explanation is attached below along with your original report.
If this explanation is unsatisfactory and you have not received a
better one in a separate message then please contact Adrian Robert <[email-masked]> by
replying to this email.

-- 
2564: http://debbugs.gnu.org/cgi/bugreport.cgi?bug=2564
Emacs Bug Tracking System
Contact [email-masked] with problems

Subject: Re: 23.0.90; cperl-mode while editing over tramp
From: Adrian Robert <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 6 Mar 2009 22:11:47 +0200

On Mar 6, 2009, at 9:49 PM, Charlie McMackin wrote:

> The 23.0.91.1 CVS version doesn't crash anymore with tramp and menus
> are zippy enough over a decent connection.  Thanks for the quick
> response!

Subject: 23.0.90; cperl-mode while editing over tramp
From: Charlie McMackin <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 3 Mar 2009 17:12:22 -0600

While editing a perl file in cperl-mode on a remote machine through
tramp, click on the 'Perl' menu. This crashes my Emacs.App fairly
quickly. I tested with the cperl-mode that comes with the Emacs.app
install and cperl-mode version 6.2