Subject: Re: bug#25631: epiphany: Ad blocker does not work.

From: Ricardo Wurmus <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 07 Feb 2017 11:29:18 +0100

Mark H Weaver <[email-masked]> writes:

> Ricardo Wurmus <[email-masked]> writes:
>
[…]
>> Should we use dbus-launch in the wrapper script or should we ensure
>> system-wide that after logging in the DBUS_SESSION_BUS_ADDRESS is
>> exported?
>>
>> I’m using stumpwm so I don’t know if GNOME usually takes care of this.
>
> It seems that both GNOME and Xfce take care of setting
> DBUS_SESSION_BUS_ADDRESS, since that variable is set on both my x86_64
> GuixSD system running GNOME and my mips64el GuixSD system running Xfce.

Thanks for confirming.

Recent versions of systemd’s pam-systemd set DBUS_SESSION_BUS_ADDRESS as
well.  Our version of elogind does not.  I just backported the changes
from systemd 226 to elogind and will test this on my system.

Doing this in pam-elogind would probably be best.

--
Ricardo

GPG: BCA6 89B6 3655 3801 C3C6  2150 197A 5888 235F ACAC
https://elephly.net