Subject: 25.1; IPA multilingual text input key sequence problems

From: bruce robertson <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 5 Feb 2017 00:36:01 +0000

1. enter IPA multilingual text input
   C-x RET C-\ ipa RET
2. describe input method
   C-h I
both "e-" and "e|" produce rhotacized schwa. Correct?

The C-h I help for "tsh" could be MUCH BETTER. Since that is the only key
seq that leads to a numbered list, how about "type the sequence, then
select from list" OR
tsh0 tsh1 tsh2

In addition, some sequences leave the cursor ON TOP of the resulting glyph
allowing overstrike of vertical bar. I don't know what this means in IPA.
Prosody?

In GNU Emacs 25.1.1 (x86_64-apple-darwin13.4.0, NS appkit-1265.21 Version
10.9.5 (Build 13F1911))
 of 2016-09-21 built on builder10-9.porkrind.org
Windowing system distributor 'Apple', version 10.3.1504
Configured using:
 'configure --with-ns '--enable-locallisppath=/Library/Application
 Support/Emacs/${version}/site-lisp:/Library/Application
 Support/Emacs/site-lisp' --with-modules'

Configured features:
NOTIFY ACL GNUTLS LIBXML2 ZLIB TOOLKIT_SCROLL_BARS NS MODULES

Important settings:
  value of $LANG: en_US.UTF-8
  locale-coding-system: utf-8-unix

Major mode: Fundamental

Minor modes in effect:
  global-auto-revert-mode: t
  diff-auto-refine-mode: t
  shell-dirtrack-mode: t
  ido-everywhere: t
  tooltip-mode: t
  global-eldoc-mode: t
  electric-indent-mode: t
  mouse-wheel-mode: t
  file-name-shadow-mode: t
  global-font-lock-mode: t
  blink-cursor-mode: t
  auto-composition-mode: t
  auto-encryption-mode: t
  auto-compression-mode: t
  buffer-read-only: t
  line-number-mode: t
  transient-mark-mode: t

Recent messages:
Loading /Users/brucer42/git/org-mode-doc/org-mode.org.el (source)...
Restoring clock data
Loading /Users/brucer42/.emacs.d/org-clock-save.el (source)...done
No event to add
Appointment reminders enabled (no diary file found)
Loading /Users/brucer42/git/org-mode-doc/org-mode.org.el (source)...done
For information about GNU Emacs and the GNU system, type C-h C-a.
Saving all Org-mode buffers... done
Saving all Org-mode buffers... done

Load-path shadows:
/Users/brucer42/git/org-mode/lisp/ox hides /Applications/Emacs.app/
Contents/Resources/lisp/org/ox
/Users/brucer42/git/org-mode/lisp/ox-texinfo hides /Applications/Emacs.app/
Contents/Resources/lisp/org/ox-texinfo
/Users/brucer42/git/org-mode/lisp/ox-publish hides /Applications/Emacs.app/
Contents/Resources/lisp/org/ox-publish
/Users/brucer42/git/org-mode/lisp/ox-org hides /Applications/Emacs.app/
Contents/Resources/lisp/org/ox-org
/Users/brucer42/git/org-mode/lisp/ox-odt hides /Applications/Emacs.app/
Contents/Resources/lisp/org/ox-odt
/Users/brucer42/git/org-mode/lisp/ox-md hides /Applications/Emacs.app/
Contents/Resources/lisp/org/ox-md
/Users/brucer42/git/org-mode/lisp/ox-man hides /Applications/Emacs.app/
Contents/Resources/lisp/org/ox-man
/Users/brucer42/git/org-mode/lisp/ox-latex hides /Applications/Emacs.app/
Contents/Resources/lisp/org/ox-latex
/Users/brucer42/git/org-mode/lisp/ox-icalendar hides
/Applications/Emacs.app/Contents/Resources/lisp/org/ox-icalendar
/Users/brucer42/git/org-mode/lisp/ox-html hides /Applications/Emacs.app/
Contents/Resources/lisp/org/ox-html
/Users/brucer42/git/org-mode/lisp/ox-beamer hides /Applications/Emacs.app/
Contents/Resources/lisp/org/ox-beamer
/Users/brucer42/git/org-mode/lisp/ox-ascii hides /Applications/Emacs.app/
Contents/Resources/lisp/org/ox-ascii
/Users/brucer42/git/org-mode/lisp/org hides /Applications/Emacs.app/
Contents/Resources/lisp/org/org
/Users/brucer42/git/org-mode/lisp/org-w3m hides /Applications/Emacs.app/
Contents/Resources/lisp/org/org-w3m
/Users/brucer42/git/org-mode/lisp/org-version hides /Applications/Emacs.app/
Contents/Resources/lisp/org/org-version
/Users/brucer42/git/org-mode/lisp/org-timer hides /Applications/Emacs.app/
Contents/Resources/lisp/org/org-timer
/Users/brucer42/git/org-mode/lisp/org-table hides /Applications/Emacs.app/
Contents/Resources/lisp/org/org-table
/Users/brucer42/git/org-mode/lisp/org-src hides /Applications/Emacs.app/
Contents/Resources/lisp/org/org-src
/Users/brucer42/git/org-mode/lisp/org-rmail hides /Applications/Emacs.app/
Contents/Resources/lisp/org/org-rmail
/Users/brucer42/git/org-mode/lisp/org-protocol hides
/Applications/Emacs.app/Contents/Resources/lisp/org/org-protocol
/Users/brucer42/git/org-mode/lisp/org-plot hides /Applications/Emacs.app/
Contents/Resources/lisp/org/org-plot
/Users/brucer42/git/org-mode/lisp/org-pcomplete hides
/Applications/Emacs.app/Contents/Resources/lisp/org/org-pcomplete
/Users/brucer42/git/org-mode/lisp/org-mouse hides /Applications/Emacs.app/
Contents/Resources/lisp/org/org-mouse
/Users/brucer42/git/org-mode/lisp/org-mobile hides /Applications/Emacs.app/
Contents/Resources/lisp/org/org-mobile
/Users/brucer42/git/org-mode/lisp/org-mhe hides /Applications/Emacs.app/
Contents/Resources/lisp/org/org-mhe
/Users/brucer42/git/org-mode/lisp/org-macs hides /Applications/Emacs.app/
Contents/Resources/lisp/org/org-macs
/Users/brucer42/git/org-mode/lisp/org-macro hides /Applications/Emacs.app/
Contents/Resources/lisp/org/org-macro
/Users/brucer42/git/org-mode/lisp/org-loaddefs hides
/Applications/Emacs.app/Contents/Resources/lisp/org/org-loaddefs
/Users/brucer42/git/org-mode/lisp/org-list hides /Applications/Emacs.app/
Contents/Resources/lisp/org/org-list
/Users/brucer42/git/org-mode/lisp/org-irc hides /Applications/Emacs.app/
Contents/Resources/lisp/org/org-irc
/Users/brucer42/git/org-mode/lisp/org-install hides /Applications/Emacs.app/
Contents/Resources/lisp/org/org-install
/Users/brucer42/git/org-mode/lisp/org-inlinetask hides
/Applications/Emacs.app/Contents/Resources/lisp/org/org-inlinetask
/Users/brucer42/git/org-mode/lisp/org-info hides /Applications/Emacs.app/
Contents/Resources/lisp/org/org-info
/Users/brucer42/git/org-mode/lisp/org-indent hides /Applications/Emacs.app/
Contents/Resources/lisp/org/org-indent
/Users/brucer42/git/org-mode/lisp/org-id hides /Applications/Emacs.app/
Contents/Resources/lisp/org/org-id
/Users/brucer42/git/org-mode/lisp/org-habit hides /Applications/Emacs.app/
Contents/Resources/lisp/org/org-habit
/Users/brucer42/git/org-mode/lisp/org-gnus hides /Applications/Emacs.app/
Contents/Resources/lisp/org/org-gnus
/Users/brucer42/git/org-mode/lisp/org-footnote hides
/Applications/Emacs.app/Contents/Resources/lisp/org/org-footnote
/Users/brucer42/git/org-mode/lisp/org-feed hides /Applications/Emacs.app/
Contents/Resources/lisp/org/org-feed
/Users/brucer42/git/org-mode/lisp/org-faces hides /Applications/Emacs.app/
Contents/Resources/lisp/org/org-faces
/Users/brucer42/git/org-mode/lisp/org-eshell hides /Applications/Emacs.app/
Contents/Resources/lisp/org/org-eshell
/Users/brucer42/git/org-mode/lisp/org-entities hides
/Applications/Emacs.app/Contents/Resources/lisp/org/org-entities
/Users/brucer42/git/org-mode/lisp/org-element hides /Applications/Emacs.app/
Contents/Resources/lisp/org/org-element
/Users/brucer42/git/org-mode/lisp/org-docview hides /Applications/Emacs.app/
Contents/Resources/lisp/org/org-docview
/Users/brucer42/git/org-mode/lisp/org-datetree hides
/Applications/Emacs.app/Contents/Resources/lisp/org/org-datetree
/Users/brucer42/git/org-mode/lisp/org-ctags hides /Applications/Emacs.app/
Contents/Resources/lisp/org/org-ctags
/Users/brucer42/git/org-mode/lisp/org-crypt hides /Applications/Emacs.app/
Contents/Resources/lisp/org/org-crypt
/Users/brucer42/git/org-mode/lisp/org-compat hides /Applications/Emacs.app/
Contents/Resources/lisp/org/org-compat
/Users/brucer42/git/org-mode/lisp/org-colview hides /Applications/Emacs.app/
Contents/Resources/lisp/org/org-colview
/Users/brucer42/git/org-mode/lisp/org-clock hides /Applications/Emacs.app/
Contents/Resources/lisp/org/org-clock
/Users/brucer42/git/org-mode/lisp/org-capture hides /Applications/Emacs.app/
Contents/Resources/lisp/org/org-capture
/Users/brucer42/git/org-mode/lisp/org-bibtex hides /Applications/Emacs.app/
Contents/Resources/lisp/org/org-bibtex
/Users/brucer42/git/org-mode/lisp/org-bbdb hides /Applications/Emacs.app/
Contents/Resources/lisp/org/org-bbdb
/Users/brucer42/git/org-mode/lisp/org-attach hides /Applications/Emacs.app/
Contents/Resources/lisp/org/org-attach
/Users/brucer42/git/org-mode/lisp/org-archive hides /Applications/Emacs.app/
Contents/Resources/lisp/org/org-archive
/Users/brucer42/git/org-mode/lisp/org-agenda hides /Applications/Emacs.app/
Contents/Resources/lisp/org/org-agenda
/Users/brucer42/git/org-mode/lisp/ob hides /Applications/Emacs.app/
Contents/Resources/lisp/org/ob
/Users/brucer42/git/org-mode/lisp/ob-tangle hides /Applications/Emacs.app/
Contents/Resources/lisp/org/ob-tangle
/Users/brucer42/git/org-mode/lisp/ob-table hides /Applications/Emacs.app/
Contents/Resources/lisp/org/ob-table
/Users/brucer42/git/org-mode/lisp/ob-sqlite hides /Applications/Emacs.app/
Contents/Resources/lisp/org/ob-sqlite
/Users/brucer42/git/org-mode/lisp/ob-sql hides /Applications/Emacs.app/
Contents/Resources/lisp/org/ob-sql
/Users/brucer42/git/org-mode/lisp/ob-shen hides /Applications/Emacs.app/
Contents/Resources/lisp/org/ob-shen
/Users/brucer42/git/org-mode/lisp/ob-screen hides /Applications/Emacs.app/
Contents/Resources/lisp/org/ob-screen
/Users/brucer42/git/org-mode/lisp/ob-scheme hides /Applications/Emacs.app/
Contents/Resources/lisp/org/ob-scheme
/Users/brucer42/git/org-mode/lisp/ob-scala hides /Applications/Emacs.app/
Contents/Resources/lisp/org/ob-scala
/Users/brucer42/git/org-mode/lisp/ob-sass hides /Applications/Emacs.app/
Contents/Resources/lisp/org/ob-sass
/Users/brucer42/git/org-mode/lisp/ob-ruby hides /Applications/Emacs.app/
Contents/Resources/lisp/org/ob-ruby
/Users/brucer42/git/org-mode/lisp/ob-ref hides /Applications/Emacs.app/
Contents/Resources/lisp/org/ob-ref
/Users/brucer42/git/org-mode/lisp/ob-R hides /Applications/Emacs.app/
Contents/Resources/lisp/org/ob-R
/Users/brucer42/git/org-mode/lisp/ob-python hides /Applications/Emacs.app/
Contents/Resources/lisp/org/ob-python
/Users/brucer42/git/org-mode/lisp/ob-plantuml hides /Applications/Emacs.app/
Contents/Resources/lisp/org/ob-plantuml
/Users/brucer42/git/org-mode/lisp/ob-picolisp hides /Applications/Emacs.app/
Contents/Resources/lisp/org/ob-picolisp
/Users/brucer42/git/org-mode/lisp/ob-perl hides /Applications/Emacs.app/
Contents/Resources/lisp/org/ob-perl
/Users/brucer42/git/org-mode/lisp/ob-org hides /Applications/Emacs.app/
Contents/Resources/lisp/org/ob-org
/Users/brucer42/git/org-mode/lisp/ob-octave hides /Applications/Emacs.app/
Contents/Resources/lisp/org/ob-octave
/Users/brucer42/git/org-mode/lisp/ob-ocaml hides /Applications/Emacs.app/
Contents/Resources/lisp/org/ob-ocaml
/Users/brucer42/git/org-mode/lisp/ob-mscgen hides /Applications/Emacs.app/
Contents/Resources/lisp/org/ob-mscgen
/Users/brucer42/git/org-mode/lisp/ob-maxima hides /Applications/Emacs.app/
Contents/Resources/lisp/org/ob-maxima
/Users/brucer42/git/org-mode/lisp/ob-matlab hides /Applications/Emacs.app/
Contents/Resources/lisp/org/ob-matlab
/Users/brucer42/git/org-mode/lisp/ob-makefile hides /Applications/Emacs.app/
Contents/Resources/lisp/org/ob-makefile
/Users/brucer42/git/org-mode/lisp/ob-lob hides /Applications/Emacs.app/
Contents/Resources/lisp/org/ob-lob
/Users/brucer42/git/org-mode/lisp/ob-lisp hides /Applications/Emacs.app/
Contents/Resources/lisp/org/ob-lisp
/Users/brucer42/git/org-mode/lisp/ob-lilypond hides /Applications/Emacs.app/
Contents/Resources/lisp/org/ob-lilypond
/Users/brucer42/git/org-mode/lisp/ob-ledger hides /Applications/Emacs.app/
Contents/Resources/lisp/org/ob-ledger
/Users/brucer42/git/org-mode/lisp/ob-latex hides /Applications/Emacs.app/
Contents/Resources/lisp/org/ob-latex
/Users/brucer42/git/org-mode/lisp/ob-keys hides /Applications/Emacs.app/
Contents/Resources/lisp/org/ob-keys
/Users/brucer42/git/org-mode/lisp/ob-js hides /Applications/Emacs.app/
Contents/Resources/lisp/org/ob-js
/Users/brucer42/git/org-mode/lisp/ob-java hides /Applications/Emacs.app/
Contents/Resources/lisp/org/ob-java
/Users/brucer42/git/org-mode/lisp/ob-io hides /Applications/Emacs.app/
Contents/Resources/lisp/org/ob-io
/Users/brucer42/git/org-mode/lisp/ob-haskell hides /Applications/Emacs.app/
Contents/Resources/lisp/org/ob-haskell
/Users/brucer42/git/org-mode/lisp/ob-gnuplot hides /Applications/Emacs.app/
Contents/Resources/lisp/org/ob-gnuplot
/Users/brucer42/git/org-mode/lisp/ob-fortran hides /Applications/Emacs.app/
Contents/Resources/lisp/org/ob-fortran
/Users/brucer42/git/org-mode/lisp/ob-exp hides /Applications/Emacs.app/
Contents/Resources/lisp/org/ob-exp
/Users/brucer42/git/org-mode/lisp/ob-eval hides /Applications/Emacs.app/
Contents/Resources/lisp/org/ob-eval
/Users/brucer42/git/org-mode/lisp/ob-emacs-lisp hides
/Applications/Emacs.app/Contents/Resources/lisp/org/ob-emacs-lisp
/Users/brucer42/git/org-mode/lisp/ob-dot hides /Applications/Emacs.app/
Contents/Resources/lisp/org/ob-dot
/Users/brucer42/git/org-mode/lisp/ob-ditaa hides /Applications/Emacs.app/
Contents/Resources/lisp/org/ob-ditaa
/Users/brucer42/git/org-mode/lisp/ob-css hides /Applications/Emacs.app/
Contents/Resources/lisp/org/ob-css
/Users/brucer42/git/org-mode/lisp/ob-core hides /Applications/Emacs.app/
Contents/Resources/lisp/org/ob-core
/Users/brucer42/git/org-mode/lisp/ob-comint hides /Applications/Emacs.app/
Contents/Resources/lisp/org/ob-comint
/Users/brucer42/git/org-mode/lisp/ob-clojure hides /Applications/Emacs.app/
Contents/Resources/lisp/org/ob-clojure
/Users/brucer42/git/org-mode/lisp/ob-calc hides /Applications/Emacs.app/
Contents/Resources/lisp/org/ob-calc
/Users/brucer42/git/org-mode/lisp/ob-C hides /Applications/Emacs.app/
Contents/Resources/lisp/org/ob-C
/Users/brucer42/git/org-mode/lisp/ob-awk hides /Applications/Emacs.app/
Contents/Resources/lisp/org/ob-awk
/Users/brucer42/git/org-mode/lisp/ob-asymptote hides
/Applications/Emacs.app/Contents/Resources/lisp/org/ob-asymptote

Features:
(shadow sort org-table flyspell ispell org-indent mail-extr emacsbug
sendmail ob-octave exec-path-from-shell finder-inf info tex-site package
org-mime smex org-protocol org-crypt autorevert filenotify org-checklist
skeleton appt diary-lib diary-loaddefs vc-git diff-mode org-rmail
org-mhe org-irc org-info org-gnus org-docview doc-view subr-x jka-compr
image-mode org-bibtex bibtex org-bbdb org-w3m org-agenda ob-latex
ob-plantuml ob-org ob-ledger ob-sh shell ob-clojure ob-gnuplot ob-ruby
ob-python ob-R ob-ditaa ob-dot ox-latex ox-icalendar ox-html table
ox-ascii ox-publish ox cl-seq org-id org-element avl-tree org-clock ido
seq byte-opt bytecomp byte-compile cl-extra cconv org derived org-macro
org-footnote org-pcomplete pcomplete org-list org-faces org-entities
noutline outline org-version ob-emacs-lisp ob ob-tangle ob-ref ob-lob
ob-table ob-exp org-src easy-mmode ob-keys ob-comint comint ansi-color
ring ob-core ob-eval org-compat advice org-macs org-loaddefs find-func
cal-menu calendar cal-loaddefs gnus-sum gnus-group gnus-undo gnus-start
gnus-cloud nnimap nnmail mail-source tls gnutls utf7 netrc nnoo
parse-time gnus-spec gnus-int gnus-range message cl-macs dired
format-spec rfc822 mml mml-sec password-cache epg epg-config mm-decode
mm-bodies mm-encode mail-parse rfc2231 rfc2047 rfc2045 ietf-drums
mailabbrev gmm-utils mailheader gnus-win gnus gnus-ems nnheader
gnus-util mail-utils mm-util help-fns help-mode easymenu mail-prsvr
wid-edit cl gv edmacro kmacro cl-loaddefs pcase cl-lib server time-date
mule-util tooltip eldoc electric uniquify ediff-hook vc-hooks
lisp-float-type mwheel ns-win ucs-normalize term/common-win tool-bar dnd
fontset image regexp-opt fringe tabulated-list newcomment elisp-mode
lisp-mode prog-mode register page menu-bar rfn-eshadow timer select
scroll-bar mouse jit-lock font-lock syntax facemenu font-core frame
cl-generic cham georgian utf-8-lang misc-lang vietnamese tibetan thai
tai-viet lao korean japanese eucjp-ms cp51932 hebrew greek romanian
slovak czech european ethiopic indian cyrillic chinese charscript
case-table epa-hook jka-cmpr-hook help simple abbrev minibuffer
cl-preloaded nadvice loaddefs button faces cus-face macroexp files
text-properties overlay sha1 md5 base64 format env code-pages mule
custom widget hashtable-print-readable backquote kqueue cocoa ns
multi-tty make-network-process emacs)

Memory information:
((conses 16 649196 20168)
 (symbols 48 39454 0)
 (miscs 40 289 905)
 (strings 32 80171 13511)
 (string-bytes 1 2817563)
 (vectors 16 46383)
 (vector-slots 8 794850 22157)
 (floats 8 398 77)
 (intervals 56 360 0)
 (buffers 976 22))