Subject: bug#25621: 25.1; IPA chars problematic in orgmode table

From: bruce robertson <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 4 Feb 2017 23:33:54 +0000

1. get empty buffer
2. put in org-mode
3. enter IPA multilingual text input
   C-x RET C-\ ipa RET
4. describe input method
   C-h I
4.5 exit "IPA mode" w/ C-\
5. take resulting *Help* buffer and put in empty buffer from step 1
6. format "KEY SEQUENCE TABLE" as an org-mode table replacing vertical
   bars in data with "\vert{}".
7. type TAB somewhere in table.
8. The columns do not align.

In GNU Emacs 25.1.1 (x86_64-apple-darwin13.4.0, NS appkit-1265.21 Version
10.9.5 (Build 13F1911))
 of 2016-09-21 built on builder10-9.porkrind.org
Windowing system distributor 'Apple', version 10.3.1504
Configured using:
 'configure --with-ns '--enable-locallisppath=/Library/Application
 Support/Emacs/${version}/site-lisp:/Library/Application
 Support/Emacs/site-lisp' --with-modules'

Configured features:
NOTIFY ACL GNUTLS LIBXML2 ZLIB TOOLKIT_SCROLL_BARS NS MODULES

Important settings:
  value of $LANG: en_US.UTF-8
  locale-coding-system: utf-8-unix

Major mode: Fundamental

Minor modes in effect:
  global-auto-revert-mode: t
  diff-auto-refine-mode: t
  shell-dirtrack-mode: t
  ido-everywhere: t
  tooltip-mode: t
  global-eldoc-mode: t
  electric-indent-mode: t
  mouse-wheel-mode: t
  file-name-shadow-mode: t
  global-font-lock-mode: t
  blink-cursor-mode: t
  auto-composition-mode: t
  auto-encryption-mode: t
  auto-compression-mode: t
  buffer-read-only: t
  line-number-mode: t
  transient-mark-mode: t

Recent messages:
Loading /Users/brucer42/git/org-mode-doc/org-mode.org.el (source)...
Restoring clock data
Loading /Users/brucer42/.emacs.d/org-clock-save.el (source)...done
No event to add
Appointment reminders enabled (no diary file found)
Loading /Users/brucer42/git/org-mode-doc/org-mode.org.el (source)...done
For information about GNU Emacs and the GNU system, type C-h C-a.
Saving all Org-mode buffers... done
Saving all Org-mode buffers... done

Load-path shadows:
/Users/brucer42/git/org-mode/lisp/ox hides
/Applications/Emacs.app/Contents/Resources/lisp/org/ox
/Users/brucer42/git/org-mode/lisp/ox-texinfo hides
/Applications/Emacs.app/Contents/Resources/lisp/org/ox-texinfo
/Users/brucer42/git/org-mode/lisp/ox-publish hides
/Applications/Emacs.app/Contents/Resources/lisp/org/ox-publish
/Users/brucer42/git/org-mode/lisp/ox-org hides
/Applications/Emacs.app/Contents/Resources/lisp/org/ox-org
/Users/brucer42/git/org-mode/lisp/ox-odt hides
/Applications/Emacs.app/Contents/Resources/lisp/org/ox-odt
/Users/brucer42/git/org-mode/lisp/ox-md hides
/Applications/Emacs.app/Contents/Resources/lisp/org/ox-md
/Users/brucer42/git/org-mode/lisp/ox-man hides
/Applications/Emacs.app/Contents/Resources/lisp/org/ox-man
/Users/brucer42/git/org-mode/lisp/ox-latex hides
/Applications/Emacs.app/Contents/Resources/lisp/org/ox-latex
/Users/brucer42/git/org-mode/lisp/ox-icalendar hides
/Applications/Emacs.app/Contents/Resources/lisp/org/ox-icalendar
/Users/brucer42/git/org-mode/lisp/ox-html hides
/Applications/Emacs.app/Contents/Resources/lisp/org/ox-html
/Users/brucer42/git/org-mode/lisp/ox-beamer hides
/Applications/Emacs.app/Contents/Resources/lisp/org/ox-beamer
/Users/brucer42/git/org-mode/lisp/ox-ascii hides
/Applications/Emacs.app/Contents/Resources/lisp/org/ox-ascii
/Users/brucer42/git/org-mode/lisp/org hides
/Applications/Emacs.app/Contents/Resources/lisp/org/org
/Users/brucer42/git/org-mode/lisp/org-w3m hides
/Applications/Emacs.app/Contents/Resources/lisp/org/org-w3m
/Users/brucer42/git/org-mode/lisp/org-version hides
/Applications/Emacs.app/Contents/Resources/lisp/org/org-version
/Users/brucer42/git/org-mode/lisp/org-timer hides
/Applications/Emacs.app/Contents/Resources/lisp/org/org-timer
/Users/brucer42/git/org-mode/lisp/org-table hides
/Applications/Emacs.app/Contents/Resources/lisp/org/org-table
/Users/brucer42/git/org-mode/lisp/org-src hides
/Applications/Emacs.app/Contents/Resources/lisp/org/org-src
/Users/brucer42/git/org-mode/lisp/org-rmail hides
/Applications/Emacs.app/Contents/Resources/lisp/org/org-rmail
/Users/brucer42/git/org-mode/lisp/org-protocol hides
/Applications/Emacs.app/Contents/Resources/lisp/org/org-protocol
/Users/brucer42/git/org-mode/lisp/org-plot hides
/Applications/Emacs.app/Contents/Resources/lisp/org/org-plot
/Users/brucer42/git/org-mode/lisp/org-pcomplete hides
/Applications/Emacs.app/Contents/Resources/lisp/org/org-pcomplete
/Users/brucer42/git/org-mode/lisp/org-mouse hides
/Applications/Emacs.app/Contents/Resources/lisp/org/org-mouse
/Users/brucer42/git/org-mode/lisp/org-mobile hides
/Applications/Emacs.app/Contents/Resources/lisp/org/org-mobile
/Users/brucer42/git/org-mode/lisp/org-mhe hides
/Applications/Emacs.app/Contents/Resources/lisp/org/org-mhe
/Users/brucer42/git/org-mode/lisp/org-macs hides
/Applications/Emacs.app/Contents/Resources/lisp/org/org-macs
/Users/brucer42/git/org-mode/lisp/org-macro hides
/Applications/Emacs.app/Contents/Resources/lisp/org/org-macro
/Users/brucer42/git/org-mode/lisp/org-loaddefs hides
/Applications/Emacs.app/Contents/Resources/lisp/org/org-loaddefs
/Users/brucer42/git/org-mode/lisp/org-list hides
/Applications/Emacs.app/Contents/Resources/lisp/org/org-list
/Users/brucer42/git/org-mode/lisp/org-irc hides
/Applications/Emacs.app/Contents/Resources/lisp/org/org-irc
/Users/brucer42/git/org-mode/lisp/org-install hides
/Applications/Emacs.app/Contents/Resources/lisp/org/org-install
/Users/brucer42/git/org-mode/lisp/org-inlinetask hides
/Applications/Emacs.app/Contents/Resources/lisp/org/org-inlinetask
/Users/brucer42/git/org-mode/lisp/org-info hides
/Applications/Emacs.app/Contents/Resources/lisp/org/org-info
/Users/brucer42/git/org-mode/lisp/org-indent hides
/Applications/Emacs.app/Contents/Resources/lisp/org/org-indent
/Users/brucer42/git/org-mode/lisp/org-id hides
/Applications/Emacs.app/Contents/Resources/lisp/org/org-id
/Users/brucer42/git/org-mode/lisp/org-habit hides
/Applications/Emacs.app/Contents/Resources/lisp/org/org-habit
/Users/brucer42/git/org-mode/lisp/org-gnus hides
/Applications/Emacs.app/Contents/Resources/lisp/org/org-gnus
/Users/brucer42/git/org-mode/lisp/org-footnote hides
/Applications/Emacs.app/Contents/Resources/lisp/org/org-footnote
/Users/brucer42/git/org-mode/lisp/org-feed hides
/Applications/Emacs.app/Contents/Resources/lisp/org/org-feed
/Users/brucer42/git/org-mode/lisp/org-faces hides
/Applications/Emacs.app/Contents/Resources/lisp/org/org-faces
/Users/brucer42/git/org-mode/lisp/org-eshell hides
/Applications/Emacs.app/Contents/Resources/lisp/org/org-eshell
/Users/brucer42/git/org-mode/lisp/org-entities hides
/Applications/Emacs.app/Contents/Resources/lisp/org/org-entities
/Users/brucer42/git/org-mode/lisp/org-element hides
/Applications/Emacs.app/Contents/Resources/lisp/org/org-element
/Users/brucer42/git/org-mode/lisp/org-docview hides
/Applications/Emacs.app/Contents/Resources/lisp/org/org-docview
/Users/brucer42/git/org-mode/lisp/org-datetree hides
/Applications/Emacs.app/Contents/Resources/lisp/org/org-datetree
/Users/brucer42/git/org-mode/lisp/org-ctags hides
/Applications/Emacs.app/Contents/Resources/lisp/org/org-ctags
/Users/brucer42/git/org-mode/lisp/org-crypt hides
/Applications/Emacs.app/Contents/Resources/lisp/org/org-crypt
/Users/brucer42/git/org-mode/lisp/org-compat hides
/Applications/Emacs.app/Contents/Resources/lisp/org/org-compat
/Users/brucer42/git/org-mode/lisp/org-colview hides
/Applications/Emacs.app/Contents/Resources/lisp/org/org-colview
/Users/brucer42/git/org-mode/lisp/org-clock hides
/Applications/Emacs.app/Contents/Resources/lisp/org/org-clock
/Users/brucer42/git/org-mode/lisp/org-capture hides
/Applications/Emacs.app/Contents/Resources/lisp/org/org-capture
/Users/brucer42/git/org-mode/lisp/org-bibtex hides
/Applications/Emacs.app/Contents/Resources/lisp/org/org-bibtex
/Users/brucer42/git/org-mode/lisp/org-bbdb hides
/Applications/Emacs.app/Contents/Resources/lisp/org/org-bbdb
/Users/brucer42/git/org-mode/lisp/org-attach hides
/Applications/Emacs.app/Contents/Resources/lisp/org/org-attach
/Users/brucer42/git/org-mode/lisp/org-archive hides
/Applications/Emacs.app/Contents/Resources/lisp/org/org-archive
/Users/brucer42/git/org-mode/lisp/org-agenda hides
/Applications/Emacs.app/Contents/Resources/lisp/org/org-agenda
/Users/brucer42/git/org-mode/lisp/ob hides
/Applications/Emacs.app/Contents/Resources/lisp/org/ob
/Users/brucer42/git/org-mode/lisp/ob-tangle hides
/Applications/Emacs.app/Contents/Resources/lisp/org/ob-tangle
/Users/brucer42/git/org-mode/lisp/ob-table hides
/Applications/Emacs.app/Contents/Resources/lisp/org/ob-table
/Users/brucer42/git/org-mode/lisp/ob-sqlite hides
/Applications/Emacs.app/Contents/Resources/lisp/org/ob-sqlite
/Users/brucer42/git/org-mode/lisp/ob-sql hides
/Applications/Emacs.app/Contents/Resources/lisp/org/ob-sql
/Users/brucer42/git/org-mode/lisp/ob-shen hides
/Applications/Emacs.app/Contents/Resources/lisp/org/ob-shen
/Users/brucer42/git/org-mode/lisp/ob-screen hides
/Applications/Emacs.app/Contents/Resources/lisp/org/ob-screen
/Users/brucer42/git/org-mode/lisp/ob-scheme hides
/Applications/Emacs.app/Contents/Resources/lisp/org/ob-scheme
/Users/brucer42/git/org-mode/lisp/ob-scala hides
/Applications/Emacs.app/Contents/Resources/lisp/org/ob-scala
/Users/brucer42/git/org-mode/lisp/ob-sass hides
/Applications/Emacs.app/Contents/Resources/lisp/org/ob-sass
/Users/brucer42/git/org-mode/lisp/ob-ruby hides
/Applications/Emacs.app/Contents/Resources/lisp/org/ob-ruby
/Users/brucer42/git/org-mode/lisp/ob-ref hides
/Applications/Emacs.app/Contents/Resources/lisp/org/ob-ref
/Users/brucer42/git/org-mode/lisp/ob-R hides
/Applications/Emacs.app/Contents/Resources/lisp/org/ob-R
/Users/brucer42/git/org-mode/lisp/ob-python hides
/Applications/Emacs.app/Contents/Resources/lisp/org/ob-python
/Users/brucer42/git/org-mode/lisp/ob-plantuml hides
/Applications/Emacs.app/Contents/Resources/lisp/org/ob-plantuml
/Users/brucer42/git/org-mode/lisp/ob-picolisp hides
/Applications/Emacs.app/Contents/Resources/lisp/org/ob-picolisp
/Users/brucer42/git/org-mode/lisp/ob-perl hides
/Applications/Emacs.app/Contents/Resources/lisp/org/ob-perl
/Users/brucer42/git/org-mode/lisp/ob-org hides
/Applications/Emacs.app/Contents/Resources/lisp/org/ob-org
/Users/brucer42/git/org-mode/lisp/ob-octave hides
/Applications/Emacs.app/Contents/Resources/lisp/org/ob-octave
/Users/brucer42/git/org-mode/lisp/ob-ocaml hides
/Applications/Emacs.app/Contents/Resources/lisp/org/ob-ocaml
/Users/brucer42/git/org-mode/lisp/ob-mscgen hides
/Applications/Emacs.app/Contents/Resources/lisp/org/ob-mscgen
/Users/brucer42/git/org-mode/lisp/ob-maxima hides
/Applications/Emacs.app/Contents/Resources/lisp/org/ob-maxima
/Users/brucer42/git/org-mode/lisp/ob-matlab hides
/Applications/Emacs.app/Contents/Resources/lisp/org/ob-matlab
/Users/brucer42/git/org-mode/lisp/ob-makefile hides
/Applications/Emacs.app/Contents/Resources/lisp/org/ob-makefile
/Users/brucer42/git/org-mode/lisp/ob-lob hides
/Applications/Emacs.app/Contents/Resources/lisp/org/ob-lob
/Users/brucer42/git/org-mode/lisp/ob-lisp hides
/Applications/Emacs.app/Contents/Resources/lisp/org/ob-lisp
/Users/brucer42/git/org-mode/lisp/ob-lilypond hides
/Applications/Emacs.app/Contents/Resources/lisp/org/ob-lilypond
/Users/brucer42/git/org-mode/lisp/ob-ledger hides
/Applications/Emacs.app/Contents/Resources/lisp/org/ob-ledger
/Users/brucer42/git/org-mode/lisp/ob-latex hides
/Applications/Emacs.app/Contents/Resources/lisp/org/ob-latex
/Users/brucer42/git/org-mode/lisp/ob-keys hides
/Applications/Emacs.app/Contents/Resources/lisp/org/ob-keys
/Users/brucer42/git/org-mode/lisp/ob-js hides
/Applications/Emacs.app/Contents/Resources/lisp/org/ob-js
/Users/brucer42/git/org-mode/lisp/ob-java hides
/Applications/Emacs.app/Contents/Resources/lisp/org/ob-java
/Users/brucer42/git/org-mode/lisp/ob-io hides
/Applications/Emacs.app/Contents/Resources/lisp/org/ob-io
/Users/brucer42/git/org-mode/lisp/ob-haskell hides
/Applications/Emacs.app/Contents/Resources/lisp/org/ob-haskell
/Users/brucer42/git/org-mode/lisp/ob-gnuplot hides
/Applications/Emacs.app/Contents/Resources/lisp/org/ob-gnuplot
/Users/brucer42/git/org-mode/lisp/ob-fortran hides
/Applications/Emacs.app/Contents/Resources/lisp/org/ob-fortran
/Users/brucer42/git/org-mode/lisp/ob-exp hides
/Applications/Emacs.app/Contents/Resources/lisp/org/ob-exp
/Users/brucer42/git/org-mode/lisp/ob-eval hides
/Applications/Emacs.app/Contents/Resources/lisp/org/ob-eval
/Users/brucer42/git/org-mode/lisp/ob-emacs-lisp hides
/Applications/Emacs.app/Contents/Resources/lisp/org/ob-emacs-lisp
/Users/brucer42/git/org-mode/lisp/ob-dot hides
/Applications/Emacs.app/Contents/Resources/lisp/org/ob-dot
/Users/brucer42/git/org-mode/lisp/ob-ditaa hides
/Applications/Emacs.app/Contents/Resources/lisp/org/ob-ditaa
/Users/brucer42/git/org-mode/lisp/ob-css hides
/Applications/Emacs.app/Contents/Resources/lisp/org/ob-css
/Users/brucer42/git/org-mode/lisp/ob-core hides
/Applications/Emacs.app/Contents/Resources/lisp/org/ob-core
/Users/brucer42/git/org-mode/lisp/ob-comint hides
/Applications/Emacs.app/Contents/Resources/lisp/org/ob-comint
/Users/brucer42/git/org-mode/lisp/ob-clojure hides
/Applications/Emacs.app/Contents/Resources/lisp/org/ob-clojure
/Users/brucer42/git/org-mode/lisp/ob-calc hides
/Applications/Emacs.app/Contents/Resources/lisp/org/ob-calc
/Users/brucer42/git/org-mode/lisp/ob-C hides
/Applications/Emacs.app/Contents/Resources/lisp/org/ob-C
/Users/brucer42/git/org-mode/lisp/ob-awk hides
/Applications/Emacs.app/Contents/Resources/lisp/org/ob-awk
/Users/brucer42/git/org-mode/lisp/ob-asymptote hides
/Applications/Emacs.app/Contents/Resources/lisp/org/ob-asymptote

Features:
(shadow sort org-table flyspell ispell org-indent mail-extr emacsbug
sendmail ob-octave exec-path-from-shell finder-inf info tex-site package
org-mime smex org-protocol org-crypt autorevert filenotify org-checklist
skeleton appt diary-lib diary-loaddefs vc-git diff-mode org-rmail
org-mhe org-irc org-info org-gnus org-docview doc-view subr-x jka-compr
image-mode org-bibtex bibtex org-bbdb org-w3m org-agenda ob-latex
ob-plantuml ob-org ob-ledger ob-sh shell ob-clojure ob-gnuplot ob-ruby
ob-python ob-R ob-ditaa ob-dot ox-latex ox-icalendar ox-html table
ox-ascii ox-publish ox cl-seq org-id org-element avl-tree org-clock ido
seq byte-opt bytecomp byte-compile cl-extra cconv org derived org-macro
org-footnote org-pcomplete pcomplete org-list org-faces org-entities
noutline outline org-version ob-emacs-lisp ob ob-tangle ob-ref ob-lob
ob-table ob-exp org-src easy-mmode ob-keys ob-comint comint ansi-color
ring ob-core ob-eval org-compat advice org-macs org-loaddefs find-func
cal-menu calendar cal-loaddefs gnus-sum gnus-group gnus-undo gnus-start
gnus-cloud nnimap nnmail mail-source tls gnutls utf7 netrc nnoo
parse-time gnus-spec gnus-int gnus-range message cl-macs dired
format-spec rfc822 mml mml-sec password-cache epg epg-config mm-decode
mm-bodies mm-encode mail-parse rfc2231 rfc2047 rfc2045 ietf-drums
mailabbrev gmm-utils mailheader gnus-win gnus gnus-ems nnheader
gnus-util mail-utils mm-util help-fns help-mode easymenu mail-prsvr
wid-edit cl gv edmacro kmacro cl-loaddefs pcase cl-lib server time-date
mule-util tooltip eldoc electric uniquify ediff-hook vc-hooks
lisp-float-type mwheel ns-win ucs-normalize term/common-win tool-bar dnd
fontset image regexp-opt fringe tabulated-list newcomment elisp-mode
lisp-mode prog-mode register page menu-bar rfn-eshadow timer select
scroll-bar mouse jit-lock font-lock syntax facemenu font-core frame
cl-generic cham georgian utf-8-lang misc-lang vietnamese tibetan thai
tai-viet lao korean japanese eucjp-ms cp51932 hebrew greek romanian
slovak czech european ethiopic indian cyrillic chinese charscript
case-table epa-hook jka-cmpr-hook help simple abbrev minibuffer
cl-preloaded nadvice loaddefs button faces cus-face macroexp files
text-properties overlay sha1 md5 base64 format env code-pages mule
custom widget hashtable-print-readable backquote kqueue cocoa ns
multi-tty make-network-process emacs)

Memory information:
((conses 16 649196 20168)
 (symbols 48 39454 0)
 (miscs 40 289 905)
 (strings 32 80171 13511)
 (string-bytes 1 2817563)
 (vectors 16 46383)
 (vector-slots 8 794850 22157)
 (floats 8 398 77)
 (intervals 56 360 0)
 (buffers 976 22))