Subject: Re: bug#25613: Temporary NEWS markup in still RC

From: Eli Zaretskii <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 07 Feb 2017 17:43:35 +0200

> From: Glenn Morris <[email-masked]>
> Cc: Nicolas Petton <[email-masked]>,  [email-masked]
> Date: Mon, 06 Feb 2017 23:35:12 -0500
> 
> Eli Zaretskii wrote:
> 
> > Can we shoot for another RC in a few days?  Note that a couple of
> > documentation changes were pushed to the branch since RC1.
> 
> IMO no non-critical changes should be made to a release branch after an RC.
> Just changing NEWS wouldn't have necessitated another RC. There's only
> supposed to be one RC unless something serious happens.

We've been through this discussion before:

  http://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/emacs-devel/2016-09/msg00063.html

Needless to say, I agree with John here, or else I wouldn't be pushing
those changes a few days ago.

P.S. We seem to have very different ideas of what RC is and what
purpose it serves.