Subject: bug#25607: closed (Re: bug#25607: 26.0.50; Ido does not work with tramp anymore)

From: [email-masked] (GNU bug Tracking System)
Date: Mon, 20 Feb 2017 08:42:01 +0000

Your bug report

#25607: 26.0.50; Ido does not work with tramp anymore

which was filed against the emacs package, has been closed.

The explanation is attached below, along with your original report.
If you require more details, please reply to [email-masked].

-- 
25607: http://debbugs.gnu.org/cgi/bugreport.cgi?bug=25607
GNU Bug Tracking System
Contact [email-masked] with problems

Subject: Re: bug#25607: 26.0.50; Ido does not work with tramp anymore
From: Michael Albinus <[email-masked]>
To: Cédric Chépied <[email-masked]>
Cc: [email-masked], Dmitry Gutov <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 20 Feb 2017 09:40:48 +0100
List-Id: <debbugs-submit.debbugs.gnu.org>

Cédric Chépied <[email-masked]> writes:

> Hi Michael,

Hi Cédric,

>> I've pushed a patch to the repository which shall fix this.
>
> That's perfect. Now completion works fine and start immediately after
> typing '/',
> no need to press <tab> anymore. Thank you very much.

Thanks for confirmation, I'm closing the bug.

> Regards,

Best regards, Michael.

Subject: 26.0.50; Ido does not work with tramp anymore
From: Cédric Chépied <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 02 Feb 2017 14:58:39 +0100
List-Id: <debbugs-submit.debbugs.gnu.org>

emacs -Q
M-x ido-mode
C-x C-f
(Here ido completion works)
Press backspace until you only have 'Find file: /' as prompt
(Here completion still works)
Type sudo:root@localhost:/
(No completion)

It used to ask sudo password and then completion was working.

To make it work again, continue the recipe with this:
C-f
Enter the sudo password, you have completion but ido is disabled
C-g
C-x C-f
Press backspace until you only have 'Find file: /' as prompt
Type sudo:root@localhost:/
(Completion works)

The problem is exactly the same with /ssh:

In GNU Emacs 26.0.50.1 (x86_64-unknown-linux-gnu, X toolkit, Xaw scroll bars)
 of 2017-02-02 built on Aman
Repository revision: 7783d9fc71ffb46680ef0ba6d05ed8e5c191d2ef
Windowing system distributor 'The X.Org Foundation', version 11.0.11901000
Recent messages:
Mark set
Ispell process killed
Starting new Ispell process /usr/bin/aspell with fr dictionary...
delete-backward-char: Text is read-only
kill-line: End of buffer
Undo!
GNU Emacs 26.0.50.1 (x86_64-unknown-linux-gnu, X toolkit, Xaw scroll bars) of 2017-02-02
Mark set [2 times]
Mark saved where search started
Mark set

Configured using:
 'configure --prefix=/usr --sysconfdir=/etc --libexecdir=/usr/lib
 --localstatedir=/var --with-x-toolkit=athena --with-xft 'CFLAGS=-march=x86-64
 -mtune=generic -O2 -pipe -fstack-protector-strong'
 LDFLAGS=-Wl,-O1,--sort-common,--as-needed,-z,relro CPPFLAGS=-D_FORTIFY_SOURCE=2
 PKG_CONFIG_PATH=/usr/lib/pkgconfig'

Configured features:
XPM JPEG TIFF GIF PNG RSVG IMAGEMAGICK SOUND GPM DBUS GCONF GSETTINGS NOTIFY ACL
GNUTLS LIBXML2 FREETYPE M17N_FLT LIBOTF XFT ZLIB TOOLKIT_SCROLL_BARS LUCID X11
LIBSYSTEMD

Important settings:
  value of $LC_ALL: fr_FR.utf8
  value of $LC_COLLATE: fr_FR.utf8
  value of $LC_CTYPE: fr_FR.utf8
  value of $LC_MESSAGES: fr_FR.utf8
  value of $LC_MONETARY: fr_FR.utf8
  value of $LC_NUMERIC: fr_FR.utf8
  value of $LC_TIME: fr_FR.utf8
  value of $LANG: fr_FR.utf8
  locale-coding-system: utf-8-unix

Major mode: Fundamental

Minor modes in effect:
  dired-omit-mode: t
  global-git-gutter-mode: t
  git-gutter-mode: t
  diff-auto-refine-mode: t
  magit-auto-revert-mode: t
  auto-revert-mode: t
  global-git-commit-mode: t
  async-bytecomp-package-mode: t
  shell-dirtrack-mode: t
  erc-track-mode: t
  erc-track-minor-mode: t
  erc-spelling-mode: t
  erc-ring-mode: t
  erc-match-mode: t
  erc-list-mode: t
  erc-pcomplete-mode: t
  erc-button-mode: t
  erc-fill-mode: t
  erc-stamp-mode: t
  erc-smiley-mode: t
  erc-irccontrols-mode: t
  erc-noncommands-mode: t
  erc-move-to-prompt-mode: t
  erc-readonly-mode: t
  show-paren-mode: t
  virtual-desktops-mode: t
  display-time-mode: t
  display-battery-mode: t
  tooltip-mode: t
  global-eldoc-mode: t
  electric-indent-mode: t
  mouse-wheel-mode: t
  file-name-shadow-mode: t
  global-font-lock-mode: t
  font-lock-mode: t
  auto-composition-mode: t
  auto-encryption-mode: t
  auto-compression-mode: t
  column-number-mode: t
  line-number-mode: t
  transient-mark-mode: t

Load-path shadows:
~/.emacs.d/site-lisp/bbdb-wl hides /home/chep/.emacs.d/elpa/bbdb-20161001.2212/bbdb-wl
/home/chep/.emacs.d/elpa/cmake-mode-20160928.505/cmake-mode hides /usr/share/emacs/site-lisp/cmake-mode
/home/chep/.emacs.d/elpa/flim-20161210.1728/md4 hides /usr/share/emacs/26.0.50/lisp/md4
/home/chep/.emacs.d/elpa/flim-20161210.1728/hex-util hides /usr/share/emacs/26.0.50/lisp/hex-util
/home/chep/.emacs.d/elpa/flim-20161210.1728/sasl-digest hides /usr/share/emacs/26.0.50/lisp/net/sasl-digest
/home/chep/.emacs.d/elpa/flim-20161210.1728/hmac-def hides /usr/share/emacs/26.0.50/lisp/net/hmac-def
/home/chep/.emacs.d/elpa/flim-20161210.1728/hmac-md5 hides /usr/share/emacs/26.0.50/lisp/net/hmac-md5
/home/chep/.emacs.d/elpa/flim-20161210.1728/ntlm hides /usr/share/emacs/26.0.50/lisp/net/ntlm
/home/chep/.emacs.d/elpa/flim-20161210.1728/sasl-ntlm hides /usr/share/emacs/26.0.50/lisp/net/sasl-ntlm
/home/chep/.emacs.d/elpa/flim-20161210.1728/sasl-cram hides /usr/share/emacs/26.0.50/lisp/net/sasl-cram
/home/chep/.emacs.d/elpa/flim-20161210.1728/sasl hides /usr/share/emacs/26.0.50/lisp/net/sasl

Features:
(shadow mel-q-ccl emacsbug misearch multi-isearch vc-git windmove tramp-cache
view smiley gnus-art mm-uu mml2015 mm-view mml-smime smime dig gnus-sum
gnus-group gnus-undo gnus-start gnus-cloud nnimap nnmail mail-source utf7 nnoo
gnus-spec gnus-int gnus-range gnus-win gnus nnheader epa-file elmo-maildir
modb-standard wl-mime mime-edit mime-setup mail-mime-setup semi-setup mime-image
org-wl org-clock org-location-google-maps org-agenda google-maps
google-maps-static google-maps-geocode google-maps-base org org-macro
org-footnote org-pcomplete org-list org-faces org-entities noutline outline
org-version ob-emacs-lisp ob ob-tangle ob-ref ob-lob ob-table ob-exp org-src
ob-keys ob-comint ob-core ob-eval org-compat org-macs org-loaddefs find-func
company-oddmuse company-keywords company-etags company-gtags
company-dabbrev-code company-dabbrev company-files company-capf company-cmake
company-xcode company-clang company-semantic company-eclim company-css
company-nxml company-bbdb company-c-headers rx hideshow dired-x crosshairs
col-highlight vline hl-line+ hl-line chep-lyrics git-gutter yasnippet chep-rtags
chep-stickyfunc company-rtags company-template rtags popup repeat bookmark
company smart-tabs-mode magit-svn magit-obsolete magit-blame magit-stash
magit-bisect magit-remote magit-commit magit-sequence magit-notes magit-worktree
magit-branch magit-files magit-refs magit-status magit magit-repos magit-apply
magit-wip magit-log magit-diff smerge-mode diff-mode magit-core magit-autorevert
autorevert filenotify magit-process magit-margin magit-mode magit-git
magit-section magit-popup git-commit magit-utils log-edit message rfc822 mml
mml-sec epa epg gnus-util rmail rmail-loaddefs mm-decode mm-bodies mm-encode
mail-parse rfc2231 gmm-utils mailheader pcvs-util add-log with-editor
async-bytecomp async tramp-sh tramp tramp-compat tramp-loaddefs trampver
ucs-normalize shell parse-time server dash newsticker newst-treeview tree-widget
newst-plainview newst-reader newst-ticker newst-backend xml newsticker-notify
znc erc-track erc-spelling flyspell ispell erc-ring erc-match erc-list
erc-pcomplete pcomplete erc-button erc-fill erc-stamp wid-edit erc-goodies erc
erc-backend erc-compat format-spec thingatpt netrc bbdb-wl bbdb-wl-mime-edit
bbdb-wl-wl bbdb-wl-ignore bbdb-wl-common bbdb-wl-addressbook bbdb-wl-syncbuffer
bbdb-wl-addrmgr wl-addrmgr bbdb-wl-bbdb bbdb-com crm mailabbrev bbdb bbdb-site
signature chep-notification mime-play filename wl-demo wl-draft eword-encode
wl-template sendmail rfc2047 rfc2045 ietf-drums mm-util mail-prsvr mail-utils
elmo-net elmo-cache elmo-map elmo-dop derived wl-address wl-thread wl-action
wl-summary ps-print ps-print-loaddefs ps-def lpr wl-refile wl-message elmo-mime
mmelmo-buffer mmelmo-imap mime-view mime-conf calist semi-def mmimap mime-parse
mmbuffer mmgeneric wl-highlight elmo-multi wl-folder wl wl-e21 wl-util pp
elmo-flag elmo-localdir wl-vars wl-version elmo elmo-signal elmo-msgdb modb
modb-generic modb-entity mime elmo-util emu invisible inv-23 poem poem-e20
poem-e20_3 eword-decode mel mime-def alist mcharset mcs-20 mcs-e20 pces pces-e20
pces-20 pcustom elmo-date timezone elmo-vars path-util elmo-version luna std11
pccl pccl-20 ccl advice broken poe pym static apel-ver product chep-weather
url-cache url url-proxy url-privacy url-expand url-methods url-history
url-cookie url-domsuf url-util mailcap json map appt diary-lib diary-loaddefs
cal-menu calendar cal-loaddefs ibuf-macs chep-mode-line php-mode etags xref
project cc-langs cc-mode cc-fonts cc-guess cc-menus cc-cmds cc-styles cc-align
cc-engine cc-vars cc-defs cl speedbar sb-image ezimage dframe time-date paren
chep-strike chep-couleur chep-retourne chep-pastebin google_search
ifndef_fichier_h chep-convert-audio chep-video chep-mpd ampc dired
dired-loaddefs avl-tree network-stream puny nsm subr-x starttls tls gnutls
chep-anchor virtual-desktops easy-mmode ido grep compile comint ansi-color ring
deeper-blue-theme time battery cus-start cus-load finder-inf edmacro kmacro info
package epg-config url-handlers url-parse auth-source cl-seq eieio eieio-core
cl-macs eieio-loaddefs password-cache url-vars seq byte-opt gv bytecomp
byte-compile cl-extra help-mode easymenu cconv cl-loaddefs pcase cl-lib
mule-util tooltip eldoc electric uniquify ediff-hook vc-hooks lisp-float-type
mwheel term/x-win x-win term/common-win x-dnd tool-bar dnd fontset image
regexp-opt fringe tabulated-list replace newcomment text-mode elisp-mode
lisp-mode prog-mode register page menu-bar rfn-eshadow isearch timer select
scroll-bar mouse jit-lock font-lock syntax facemenu font-core term/tty-colors
frame cl-generic cham georgian utf-8-lang misc-lang vietnamese tibetan thai
tai-viet lao korean japanese eucjp-ms cp51932 hebrew greek romanian slovak czech
european ethiopic indian cyrillic chinese composite charscript case-table
epa-hook jka-cmpr-hook help simple abbrev obarray minibuffer cl-preloaded
nadvice loaddefs button faces cus-face macroexp files text-properties overlay
sha1 md5 base64 format env code-pages mule custom widget
hashtable-print-readable backquote dbusbind inotify dynamic-setting
system-font-setting font-render-setting x-toolkit x multi-tty
make-network-process emacs)

Memory information:
((conses 16 580671 47426)
 (symbols 48 58631 5)
 (miscs 40 211 933)
 (strings 32 143501 18350)
 (string-bytes 1 4662838)
 (vectors 16 83864)
 (vector-slots 8 1397841 53427)
 (floats 8 1271 370)
 (intervals 56 2017 0)
 (buffers 976 27))