Subject: Re: bug#25606: patches installed for 25605, 25606

From: Eli Zaretskii <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 10 Feb 2017 11:59:20 +0200

> Cc: [email-masked], [email-masked]
> From: Paul Eggert <[email-masked]>
> Date: Mon, 6 Feb 2017 22:53:35 -0800
> 
> Eli Zaretskii wrote:
> > Any reasons why the tests are in manual/cyclic-tests.el, and not in
> > src/fns-tests.el?
> 
> No particular reason, no. I don't know my way around the test directories well; 
> please feel free to move them.

Done.  I took the liberty to do the commit in your name, to keep the
attribution of the code to the original author.

Btw, 3 of the new tests fail for me:

  Test test-cycle-lax-plist-get backtrace:
    (setq value-1366 (apply fn-1364 args-1365))
    (unwind-protect (setq value-1366 (apply fn-1364 args-1365)) (setq fo
    (not (unwind-protect (setq value-1366 (apply fn-1364 args-1365)) (se
    (if (not (unwind-protect (setq value-1366 (apply fn-1364 args-1365))
    (let (form-description-1368) (if (not (unwind-protect (setq value-13
    (let ((value-1366 (quote ert-form-evaluation-aborted-1367))) (let (f
    (let ((fn-1364 (function lax-plist-get)) (args-1365 (list d1 2))) (l
    (let ((c1 (cyc1 1)) (c2 (cyc2 1 2)) (d1 (dot1 1)) (d2 (dot2 1 2))) (
    (lambda nil (let ((c1 (cyc1 1)) (c2 (cyc2 1 2)) (d1 (dot1 1)) (d2 (d
    ert--run-test-internal([cl-struct-ert--test-execution-info [cl-struc
    ert-run-test([cl-struct-ert-test test-cycle-lax-plist-get nil (lambd
    ert-run-or-rerun-test([cl-struct-ert--stats t [[cl-struct-ert-test f
    ert-run-tests(t #[385 "\306☻\307\"\203G \211\211G\310U\203¶ \211@\20
    ert-run-tests-batch(nil)
    ert-run-tests-batch-and-exit(nil)
    eval((ert-run-tests-batch-and-exit nil))
    command-line-1(("-L" ";." "-l" "ert" "-l" "src/fns-tests.el" "--eval
    command-line()
    normal-top-level()
  Test test-cycle-lax-plist-get condition:
      (wrong-type-argument listp
			   (1 1 1 1 1 1 1 1 1 1 . tail))
     FAILED  18/31  test-cycle-lax-plist-get
  Test test-cycle-lax-plist-put backtrace:
    (setq value-1570 (apply fn-1568 args-1569))
    (unwind-protect (setq value-1570 (apply fn-1568 args-1569)) (setq fo
    (if (unwind-protect (setq value-1570 (apply fn-1568 args-1569)) (set
    (let (form-description-1572) (if (unwind-protect (setq value-1570 (a
    (let ((value-1570 (quote ert-form-evaluation-aborted-1571))) (let (f
    (let ((fn-1568 (function lax-plist-put)) (args-1569 (list d1 2 2)))
    (let ((c1 (cyc1 1)) (c2 (cyc2 1 2)) (d1 (dot1 1)) (d2 (dot2 1 2))) (
    (lambda nil (let ((c1 (cyc1 1)) (c2 (cyc2 1 2)) (d1 (dot1 1)) (d2 (d
    ert--run-test-internal([cl-struct-ert--test-execution-info [cl-struc
    ert-run-test([cl-struct-ert-test test-cycle-lax-plist-put nil (lambd
    ert-run-or-rerun-test([cl-struct-ert--stats t [[cl-struct-ert-test f
    ert-run-tests(t #[385 "\306☻\307\"\203G \211\211G\310U\203¶ \211@\20
    ert-run-tests-batch(nil)
    ert-run-tests-batch-and-exit(nil)
    eval((ert-run-tests-batch-and-exit nil))
    command-line-1(("-L" ";." "-l" "ert" "-l" "src/fns-tests.el" "--eval
    command-line()
    normal-top-level()
  Test test-cycle-lax-plist-put condition:
      (wrong-type-argument listp
			   (1 1 1 1 1 1 1 1 1 1 . tail))
     FAILED  19/31  test-cycle-lax-plist-put
     passed  20/31  test-cycle-length
     passed  21/31  test-cycle-member
     passed  22/31  test-cycle-memq
     passed  23/31  test-cycle-memql
     passed  24/31  test-cycle-nconc
     passed  25/31  test-cycle-plist-get
     passed  26/31  test-cycle-plist-member
  Test test-cycle-plist-put backtrace:
    (setq value-1504 (apply fn-1502 args-1503))
    (unwind-protect (setq value-1504 (apply fn-1502 args-1503)) (setq fo
    (if (unwind-protect (setq value-1504 (apply fn-1502 args-1503)) (set
    (let (form-description-1506) (if (unwind-protect (setq value-1504 (a
    (let ((value-1504 (quote ert-form-evaluation-aborted-1505))) (let (f
    (let ((fn-1502 (function plist-put)) (args-1503 (list d1 2 2))) (let
    (let ((c1 (cyc1 1)) (c2 (cyc2 1 2)) (d1 (dot1 1)) (d2 (dot2 1 2))) (
    (lambda nil (let ((c1 (cyc1 1)) (c2 (cyc2 1 2)) (d1 (dot1 1)) (d2 (d
    ert--run-test-internal([cl-struct-ert--test-execution-info [cl-struc
    ert-run-test([cl-struct-ert-test test-cycle-plist-put nil (lambda ni
    ert-run-or-rerun-test([cl-struct-ert--stats t [[cl-struct-ert-test f
    ert-run-tests(t #[385 "\306☻\307\"\203G \211\211G\310U\203¶ \211@\20
    ert-run-tests-batch(nil)
    ert-run-tests-batch-and-exit(nil)
    eval((ert-run-tests-batch-and-exit nil))
    command-line-1(("-L" ";." "-l" "ert" "-l" "src/fns-tests.el" "--eval
    command-line()
    normal-top-level()
  Test test-cycle-plist-put condition:
      (wrong-type-argument listp
			   (1 1 1 1 1 1 1 1 1 1 . tail))
     FAILED  27/31  test-cycle-plist-put
     passed  28/31  test-cycle-rassoc
     passed  29/31  test-cycle-rassq
     passed  30/31  test-cycle-reverse
     passed  31/31  test-cycle-safe-length

  Ran 31 tests, 28 results as expected, 3 unexpected (2017-02-10 11:49:19+0200)