Subject: bug#26698: closed (Re: bug#25596: 25.1; Password not hidden)

From: [email-masked] (GNU bug Tracking System)
Date: Fri, 28 Apr 2017 20:21:02 +0000

Your bug report

#25596: 24.5; prevent showing sudo password (Dutch)

which was filed against the emacs package, has been closed.

The explanation is attached below, along with your original report.
If you require more details, please reply to [email-masked].

-- 
25596: http://debbugs.gnu.org/cgi/bugreport.cgi?bug=25596
GNU Bug Tracking System
Contact [email-masked] with problems

Subject: Re: bug#25596: 25.1; Password not hidden
From: Glenn Morris <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 28 Apr 2017 16:19:53 -0400
List-Id: <debbugs-submit.debbugs.gnu.org>

Version: 26.1

commit 6a3f331
Date:   Fri Apr 28 16:17:27 2017 -0400

    Broaden comint-password-prompt-regexp
    
    * lisp/comint.el (comint-password-prompt-regexp):
    Broaden the regexp, for non-English locales.  (Bug#26698)

diff --git a/lisp/comint.el b/lisp/comint.el
index a01ecd3..51b6591 100644
--- a/lisp/comint.el
+++ b/lisp/comint.el
@@ -362,7 +362,8 @@ This variable is buffer-local."
    " +\\)"
    "\\(?:" (regexp-opt password-word-equivalents) "\\|Response\\)"
    "\\(?:\\(?:, try\\)? *again\\| (empty for no passphrase)\\| (again)\\)?"
-   "\\(?: for .+\\)?[:：៖]\\s *\\'")
+   ;; "[[:alpha:]]" used to be "for", which fails to match non-English.
+   "\\(?: [[:alpha:]]+ .+\\)?[:：៖]\\s *\\'")
   "Regexp matching prompts for passwords in the inferior process.
 This is used by `comint-watch-for-password-prompt'."
   :version "26.1"

Subject: 24.5; prevent showing sudo password (Dutch)
From: Johan Coenen <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 28 Apr 2017 12:31:24 +0200
List-Id: <debbugs-submit.debbugs.gnu.org>

While in shell mode, entered by "M-x shell" my sudo password was shown
after the command "sudo su -".  

28-04-2017 12:27
I corrected this by including in my .emacs file:

     (require 'comint)
     (setq comint-password-prompt-regexp
           (concat comint-password-prompt-regexp
                   "\\|^\\[sudo\\] wachtwoord voor .*:\\s *\\'"))

In GNU Emacs 24.5.1 (x86_64-pc-linux-gnu, GTK+ Version 3.18.9)
 of 2016-04-17 on lgw01-04, modified by Debian
Windowing system distributor `The X.Org Foundation', version 11.0.11804000
System Description:	Ubuntu 16.04.2 LTS

Configured using:
 `configure --build x86_64-linux-gnu --prefix=/usr
 --sharedstatedir=/var/lib --libexecdir=/usr/lib
 --localstatedir=/var/lib --infodir=/usr/share/info
 --mandir=/usr/share/man --with-pop=yes
 --enable-locallisppath=/etc/emacs24:/etc/emacs:/usr/local/share/emacs/24.5/site-lisp:/usr/local/share/emacs/site-lisp:/usr/share/emacs/24.5/site-lisp:/usr/share/emacs/site-lisp
 --build x86_64-linux-gnu --prefix=/usr --sharedstatedir=/var/lib
 --libexecdir=/usr/lib --localstatedir=/var/lib
 --infodir=/usr/share/info --mandir=/usr/share/man --with-pop=yes
 --enable-locallisppath=/etc/emacs24:/etc/emacs:/usr/local/share/emacs/24.5/site-lisp:/usr/local/share/emacs/site-lisp:/usr/share/emacs/24.5/site-lisp:/usr/share/emacs/site-lisp
 --with-x=yes --with-x-toolkit=gtk3 --with-toolkit-scroll-bars
 'CFLAGS=-g -O2 -fstack-protector-strong -Wformat
 -Werror=format-security -Wall' 'CPPFLAGS=-Wdate-time
 -D_FORTIFY_SOURCE=2' 'LDFLAGS=-Wl,-Bsymbolic-functions -Wl,-z,relro''

Important settings:
  value of $LANG: nl_NL.UTF-8
  locale-coding-system: utf-8-unix

Major mode: Shell

Minor modes in effect:
  shell-dirtrack-mode: t
  tooltip-mode: t
  electric-indent-mode: t
  mouse-wheel-mode: t
  menu-bar-mode: t
  file-name-shadow-mode: t
  global-font-lock-mode: t
  font-lock-mode: t
  blink-cursor-mode: t
  auto-composition-mode: t
  auto-encryption-mode: t
  auto-compression-mode: t
  column-number-mode: t
  line-number-mode: t
  transient-mark-mode: t

Recent messages:
Loading 00debian-vars...done
Loading /etc/emacs/site-start.d/50dictionaries-common.el (source)...
Loading debian-ispell...
Loading /var/cache/dictionaries-common/emacsen-ispell-default.el (source)...done
Loading debian-ispell...done
Loading /var/cache/dictionaries-common/emacsen-ispell-dicts.el (source)...done
Loading /etc/emacs/site-start.d/50dictionaries-common.el (source)...done
For information about GNU Emacs and the GNU system, type C-h C-a.

Load-path shadows:
/usr/share/emacs/24.5/site-lisp/debian-startup hides /usr/share/emacs/site-lisp/debian-startup

Features:
(shadow sort gnus-util mail-extr emacsbug message format-spec rfc822 mml
easymenu mml-sec mm-decode mm-bodies mm-encode mail-parse rfc2231
mailabbrev gmm-utils mailheader sendmail rfc2047 rfc2045 ietf-drums
mm-util help-fns mail-prsvr mail-utils shell pcomplete comint ansi-color
ring time-date tooltip electric uniquify ediff-hook vc-hooks
lisp-float-type mwheel x-win x-dnd tool-bar dnd fontset image regexp-opt
fringe tabulated-list newcomment lisp-mode prog-mode register page
menu-bar rfn-eshadow timer select scroll-bar mouse jit-lock font-lock
syntax facemenu font-core frame cham georgian utf-8-lang misc-lang
vietnamese tibetan thai tai-viet lao korean japanese hebrew greek
romanian slovak czech european ethiopic indian cyrillic chinese
case-table epa-hook jka-cmpr-hook help simple abbrev minibuffer nadvice
loaddefs button faces cus-face macroexp files text-properties overlay
sha1 md5 base64 format env code-pages mule custom widget
hashtable-print-readable backquote make-network-process dbusbind
gfilenotify dynamic-setting system-font-setting font-render-setting
move-toolbar gtk x-toolkit x multi-tty emacs)

Memory information:
((conses 16 77490 6572)
 (symbols 48 18096 0)
 (miscs 40 109 149)
 (strings 32 10886 4490)
 (string-bytes 1 308522)
 (vectors 16 9821)
 (vector-slots 8 393957 10544)
 (floats 8 63 277)
 (intervals 56 260 21)
 (buffers 960 13)
 (heap 1024 40868 877))