Subject: bug#25594: 25.1.91; TeX input method is missing \sqrt macro

From: Tyler Smith <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 31 Jan 2017 17:36:28 -0500

Hi,

The TeX input method does not provide a translation for the \sqrt macro.
The appropriate symbol, unicode Square Root, is available, and can be
inserted using the obscure name \surd.

Perhaps that's a well-known word to some, but for regular TeX users, it
would be very helpful to have the following rule added to the
(latin-ltx--define-rules ...) form in lisp/leim/quail/latin-ltx.el:

 ("\\sqrt" ?√)

Thanks,

Tyler

In GNU Emacs 25.1.91.1 (x86_64-pc-linux-gnu, X toolkit, Xaw3d scroll
bars)
 of 2017-01-17 built on onottra672626p
Repository revision: a1ef10e6a0a216e80551dd179fc511ea8fdc4c88
Windowing system distributor 'The X.Org Foundation', version
11.0.11900000
System Description:     Debian GNU/Linux 9.0 (stretch)

Configured using:
 'configure --with-x-toolkit=lucid'

Configured features:
XAW3D XPM JPEG TIFF GIF PNG RSVG IMAGEMAGICK SOUND GPM DBUS GCONF
GSETTINGS NOTIFY ACL LIBSELINUX GNUTLS LIBXML2 FREETYPE M17N_FLT LIBOTF
XFT ZLIB TOOLKIT_SCROLL_BARS LUCID X11

Important settings:
  value of $LANG: en_CA.UTF-8
  locale-coding-system: utf-8-unix

Major mode: Lisp Interaction

Minor modes in effect:
  tooltip-mode: t
  global-eldoc-mode: t
  electric-indent-mode: t
  mouse-wheel-mode: t
  tool-bar-mode: t
  menu-bar-mode: t
  file-name-shadow-mode: t
  global-font-lock-mode: t
  font-lock-mode: t
  blink-cursor-mode: t
  auto-composition-mode: t
  auto-encryption-mode: t
  auto-compression-mode: t
  line-number-mode: t
  transient-mark-mode: t

Recent messages:
For information about GNU Emacs and the GNU system, type C-h C-a.

Load-path shadows:
/usr/local/share/emacs/25.1.91/lisp/net/rfc2104 hides
/usr/local/share/emacs/25.1.91/lisp/gnus/rfc2104
/usr/local/share/emacs/25.1.91/lisp/emacs-lisp/gulp hides
/usr/local/share/emacs/25.1.91/lisp/obsolete/gulp
/usr/local/share/emacs/25.1.91/lisp/play/landmark hides
/usr/local/share/emacs/25.1.91/lisp/obsolete/landmark
/usr/local/share/emacs/25.1.91/lisp/vc/vc-arch hides
/usr/local/share/emacs/25.1.91/lisp/obsolete/vc-arch
/usr/local/share/emacs/25.1.91/lisp/net/eudcb-ph hides
/usr/local/share/emacs/25.1.91/lisp/obsolete/eudcb-ph

Features:
(shadow sort mail-extr emacsbug message dired format-spec rfc822 mml
mml-sec password-cache epg epg-config gnus-util mm-decode mm-bodies
mm-encode mail-parse rfc2231 mailabbrev gmm-utils mailheader sendmail
rfc2047 rfc2045 ietf-drums mm-util help-fns help-mode easymenu
cl-loaddefs pcase cl-lib mail-prsvr mail-utils time-date mule-util
tooltip eldoc electric uniquify ediff-hook vc-hooks lisp-float-type
mwheel x-win term/common-win x-dnd tool-bar dnd fontset image regexp-opt
fringe tabulated-list newcomment elisp-mode lisp-mode prog-mode register
page menu-bar rfn-eshadow timer select scroll-bar mouse jit-lock
font-lock syntax facemenu font-core frame cl-generic cham georgian
utf-8-lang misc-lang vietnamese tibetan thai tai-viet lao korean
japanese eucjp-ms cp51932 hebrew greek romanian slovak czech european
ethiopic indian cyrillic chinese charscript case-table epa-hook
jka-cmpr-hook help simple abbrev minibuffer cl-preloaded nadvice
loaddefs button faces cus-face macroexp files text-properties overlay
sha1 md5 base64 format env code-pages mule custom widget
hashtable-print-readable backquote dbusbind inotify dynamic-setting
system-font-setting font-render-setting x-toolkit x multi-tty
make-network-process emacs)

Memory information:
((conses 16 86936 3712)
 (symbols 48 19915 0)
 (miscs 40 54 146)
 (strings 32 15119 5124)
 (string-bytes 1 421250)
 (vectors 16 11796)
 (vector-slots 8 433683 4134)
 (floats 8 166 43)
 (intervals 56 221 0)
 (buffers 976 20))

-- 
plantarum.ca