Subject: bug#25572: Signatures on Emacs windows .zip files

From: Nicolas Petton <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 06 Feb 2017 14:09:01 +0100

Glenn Morris <[email-masked]> writes:

> "Phillip Lord" wrote:
>
>> I think it's a flaw with the website. It needs both our keys on.
>
> It is it actually useful to list gpg keys on
> https://www.gnu.org/software/emacs/download.html, or is it just another
> place that's likely to get out-of-date?

I'm trying to keep the website up-to-date :)

Several users asked for the fingerprint to be added somewhere on the
Emacs website, and I thought it was a good idea, as the GNU keyring is
not up-to-date and it looks like most users don't use it.

> Historically, the "GNU keyring" has frequently been outdated and hard to
> get updated (it should be automatic but clearly isn't)

Indeed, it was very hard for me to get my key on this keyring, it took
ages.

Cheers,
Nico