Subject: bug#25572: Signatures on Emacs windows .zip files

From: [email-masked] (Phillip Lord)
Date: Mon, 06 Feb 2017 10:37:23 +0000

Glenn Morris <[email-masked]> writes:

> "Phillip Lord" wrote:
>
>> I think it's a flaw with the website. It needs both our keys on.
>
> It is it actually useful to list gpg keys on
> https://www.gnu.org/software/emacs/download.html, or is it just another
> place that's likely to get out-of-date?
>
> Historically, the "GNU keyring" has frequently been outdated and hard to
> get updated (it should be automatic but clearly isn't), so I don't know
> if linking to that is a good idea. (Personally I fail to see much value
> in a keyring stored on the same ftp server as the files. If a Bad Person
> can mess with the latter, why not the former?)

I don't mind either way, but probably is Nicolas' is on there for the
source tarball, we should have one for the windows downloads. You are
correct that keeping this uptodate adds load.

Phil