Subject: bug#25566: closed (Re: bug#25566: 26.0.50; Crash on C-g with master as of d12e1ddf42)

From: [email-masked] (GNU bug Tracking System)
Date: Mon, 30 Jan 2017 18:18:02 +0000

Your bug report

#25566: 26.0.50; Crash on C-g with master as of d12e1ddf42

which was filed against the emacs package, has been closed.

The explanation is attached below, along with your original report.
If you require more details, please reply to [email-masked].

-- 
25566: http://debbugs.gnu.org/cgi/bugreport.cgi?bug=25566
GNU Bug Tracking System
Contact [email-masked] with problems

Subject: Re: bug#25566: 26.0.50; Crash on C-g with master as of d12e1ddf42
From: Eli Zaretskii <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Cc: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 30 Jan 2017 20:16:57 +0200
List-Id: <debbugs-submit.debbugs.gnu.org>

> From: Sébastien Le Callonnec <[email-masked]>
> Cc: [email-masked]
> Date: Mon, 30 Jan 2017 17:54:25 +0000
> 
> On 2017-01-30 17:11:35, Eli Zaretskii wrote:
> > Please try the current master, I think I fixed this.
> >
> > Thanks.
> 
> This indeed fixes the problem for me.  Thanks!

Thanks, closing.

Subject: 26.0.50; Crash on C-g with master as of d12e1ddf42
From: Andreas Seltenreich <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Date: Sat, 28 Jan 2017 22:16:15 +0100
List-Id: <debbugs-submit.debbugs.gnu.org>

Hi,

just updated my bleeding edge emacs from f5543ffcf5..d12e1ddf42, and it
triggers an abort with the following recipe:

emacs -Q

- Start keyboard input, e.g. C-x
- Wait a second +/- some fraction (waiting longer or shorter won't trigger it)
- Hit C-g

The bug disappears when I revert commits b3a3ed526d and 1392ec7420.

regards,
Andreas

In GNU Emacs 26.0.50.1 (x86_64-pc-linux-gnu)
 of 2017-01-28 built on moll
Repository revision: f428c6e664e76b94ee38a4ddc15bf183115548b0
Windowing system distributor 'The X.Org Foundation', version 11.0.11900000
System Description:	Debian GNU/Linux testing (stretch)

Configured using:
 'configure -C --with-modules --with-x-toolkit=no
 --prefix=/home/andreas/usr/ --with-x 'CFLAGS=-g -O2 -fno-crossjumping''

Configured features:
XPM JPEG TIFF GIF PNG RSVG IMAGEMAGICK SOUND DBUS GSETTINGS NOTIFY
GNUTLS LIBXML2 FREETYPE XFT ZLIB X11 MODULES

Important settings:
  value of $LC_COLLATE: C
  value of $LC_MESSAGES: C
  value of $LC_NUMERIC: C
  value of $LANG: de_DE.UTF-8
  locale-coding-system: utf-8-unix

Major mode: Shell

Minor modes in effect:
  dirtrack-mode: t
  shell-dirtrack-mode: t
  diff-auto-refine-mode: t
  rcirc-track-minor-mode: t
  global-hi-lock-mode: t
  hi-lock-mode: t
  display-time-mode: t
  winner-mode: t
  savehist-mode: t
  global-eldoc-mode: t
  electric-indent-mode: t
  mouse-wheel-mode: t
  file-name-shadow-mode: t
  global-font-lock-mode: t
  font-lock-mode: t
  auto-composition-mode: t
  auto-encryption-mode: t
  auto-compression-mode: t
  column-number-mode: t
  line-number-mode: t
  transient-mark-mode: t

Load-path shadows:
/usr/share/emacs/site-lisp/flim/hex-util hides /home/andreas/ext/emacs/lisp/hex-util
/usr/share/emacs/site-lisp/flim/md4 hides /home/andreas/ext/emacs/lisp/md4
~/src/elisp/savehist hides /home/andreas/ext/emacs/lisp/savehist
/usr/share/emacs/site-lisp/flim/sasl-digest hides /home/andreas/ext/emacs/lisp/net/sasl-digest
/usr/share/emacs/site-lisp/flim/sasl-ntlm hides /home/andreas/ext/emacs/lisp/net/sasl-ntlm
/usr/share/emacs/site-lisp/flim/sasl-cram hides /home/andreas/ext/emacs/lisp/net/sasl-cram
/usr/share/emacs/site-lisp/flim/hmac-md5 hides /home/andreas/ext/emacs/lisp/net/hmac-md5
/usr/share/emacs/site-lisp/flim/hmac-def hides /home/andreas/ext/emacs/lisp/net/hmac-def
/usr/share/emacs/site-lisp/flim/sasl hides /home/andreas/ext/emacs/lisp/net/sasl
/usr/share/emacs/site-lisp/flim/ntlm hides /home/andreas/ext/emacs/lisp/net/ntlm

Features:
(shadow sort mail-extr gnus-msg gnus-art mm-uu mml2015 mm-view mml-smime
smime dig mailcap gnus-sum gnus-group gnus-undo gnus-start gnus-cloud
nnimap nnmail mail-source utf7 netrc nnoo parse-time gnus-spec gnus-int
gnus-range gnus-win gnus nnheader wid-edit vc vc-dispatcher smerge-mode
cc-mode cc-fonts cc-guess cc-menus cc-cmds pcmpl-unix dirtrack shell
emacsbug message rfc822 mml mml-sec gnus-util rmail rmail-loaddefs
mm-decode mm-bodies mm-encode mail-parse rfc2231 mailabbrev gmm-utils
mailheader misearch multi-isearch vc-git diff-mode autoinsert morse
disp-table network-stream puny nsm starttls tls gnutls my-rcirc
my-rcirc-notify rcirc term/screen term/xterm xterm ido morsekoch
epa-file epa derived epg warnings hi-lock my-git-annex json map
emms-playlist-mode emms-player-vlc emms-player-mplayer
emms-player-simple emms-source-playlist emms-source-file locate dired-x
dired dired-loaddefs emms-setup emms emms-compat info-look subr-x
lido-mode myorg org-clock remember org org-macro org-footnote
org-pcomplete pcomplete org-list org-faces org-entities time-date
noutline outline easy-mmode org-version ob-emacs-lisp ob ob-tangle
ob-ref ob-lob ob-table ob-exp org-src ob-keys ob-comint comint
ansi-color ob-core ob-eval org-compat org-macs org-loaddefs format-spec
find-func cal-menu calendar cal-loaddefs battery cc-styles cc-align
cc-engine cc-vars cc-defs my-keys boxquote rect ffap thingatpt advice
repeatable time sendmail rfc2047 rfc2045 ietf-drums mm-util mail-prsvr
mail-utils ispell server jka-compr edmacro kmacro winner ring cl
savehist info finder-inf package epg-config url-handlers url-parse
auth-source cl-seq eieio eieio-core cl-macs eieio-loaddefs
password-cache url-vars seq byte-opt gv bytecomp byte-compile cl-extra
help-mode easymenu cconv cl-loaddefs pcase cl-lib mule-util tooltip
eldoc electric uniquify ediff-hook vc-hooks lisp-float-type mwheel
term/x-win x-win term/common-win x-dnd tool-bar dnd fontset image
regexp-opt fringe tabulated-list replace newcomment text-mode elisp-mode
lisp-mode prog-mode register page menu-bar rfn-eshadow isearch timer
select scroll-bar mouse jit-lock font-lock syntax facemenu font-core
term/tty-colors frame cl-generic cham georgian utf-8-lang misc-lang
vietnamese tibetan thai tai-viet lao korean japanese eucjp-ms cp51932
hebrew greek romanian slovak czech european ethiopic indian cyrillic
chinese composite charscript case-table epa-hook jka-cmpr-hook help
simple abbrev obarray minibuffer cl-preloaded nadvice loaddefs button
faces cus-face macroexp files text-properties overlay sha1 md5 base64
format env code-pages mule custom widget hashtable-print-readable
backquote dbusbind inotify dynamic-setting system-font-setting
font-render-setting x multi-tty make-network-process emacs)

Memory information:
((conses 16 344373 288558)
 (symbols 48 39510 7)
 (miscs 40 1354 7053)
 (strings 32 92392 170209)
 (string-bytes 1 3055107)
 (vectors 16 36055)
 (vector-slots 8 730306 51086)
 (floats 8 478 1253)
 (intervals 56 6314 6028)
 (buffers 976 39))