Subject: bug#25564: 11.90; XEmacs lacks file-local-variables-alist and reports error.

From: Tassilo Horn <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 01 Feb 2017 07:57:03 +0100

Ikumi Keita <[email-masked]> writes:

Hi Ikumi,

> Opening circ.tex with xemacs leads to the following error:
> ----------------------------------------------------------------------
> (1) (local-variables/warning) File local-variables error: Symbol's value as variable is void: file-local-variables-alist
> ----------------------------------------------------------------------
> Grepping over the *.el files in auctex directory, it seems that the
> function font-latex-after-hacking-local-variables in font-latex.el
> triggers this error.  Probably suitable boundp test is necessary.

Argh, a bug I introduced shortly before the release. ;-)

Do you know if XEmacs has some similar feature, i.e., a way to check
which variables have been set using file (or directory) local variables?
For reference, `file-local-variables-alist' is

  ((LaTeX-verbatim-macros-with-braces-local "hugo")
   (fill-column . 120))

in a buffer containing

% Local Variables:
% fill-column: 120
% End:

that corresponds to a file in a directory with a .dir-locals.el
containing

((latex-mode . ((LaTeX-verbatim-macros-with-braces-local . ("hugo")))))

[I think XEmacs has no directory local variables, so we can probably
ignore that.]

Bye,
Tassilo