Subject: Re: bug#25563: 11.90; Many predicates in TeX-view-predicate-list-builtin don't work.

From: Tassilo Horn <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 03 Feb 2017 12:17:47 +0100

Ikumi Keita <[email-masked]> writes:

Hi Ikumi,

>> Oh, I didn't think about it.  But after a short test it seems that
>> foo\|bar is equivalent to \(foo\|bar\) and not to fo\(o\|b\)ar which you
>> seem to expect (and which sounded more plausible to me, too).
>
> Ah, no, my concern is in the way how "\`" and "\'" are interpreted.  The
> original regexp \`a5paper\|a5comb\' means
> "\`a5paper" or "a5comb\'",
> not
> "\`a5paper\'" or "\`a5comb\'".
> That is, \`a5paper\|a5comb\' matches with "a5paperXYZ" and "XYZa5comb"
> while \`\(?:a5paper\|a5comb\)\' does not.

Oh, of course you are right!

>> BTW: You are a contributor since a very long time (12 years!) and I
>> completely trust your ability to not mess up things beyond repair.  So
>> I'd happily give you push access to our repository if you want to.
>> Interested?
>
> Thank you very much.  I would like to recieve that honor.  Please tell
> me what I should do next.

Great, welcome on board!

First, you need a savannah account (https://savannah.gnu.org) if you
don't have one already.  In your account settings, you have to register
your public SSH key which will be used for authentication by git.  Go to
the AUCTeX page (https://savannah.gnu.org/projects/auctex/) and apply
for membership.  I'll then accept and you are ready to push.  Let's use
this patch as test if your setup works, i.e., I won't commit and push it
right now but you do it yourself after we've set everything up.

The right git url to use with your savannah user name and SSH key is
shown on https://savannah.gnu.org/git/?group=auctex when you are logged
in.

Bye,
Tassilo